What time does Fortnite v16.20 release?
The Fortnite v16.20 update releases on 13th April 2021. Epic Games noted this update will have longer downtime than usual, and the servers will also go down earlier.
(Picture: Epic Games)
Downtime begins at roughly 06:00 GMT. With the "longer than usual" server downtime, there's no exact actual release time for the Fortnite v16.20 update. We expect the servers to go up again between 11:00 and 13:00 GMT.
Fortnite v16.20 vehicle mods & more
Epic Games is set to release Fortnite vehicle mods with the v16.20 update. While the developer didn't share a lot of info about the update, they did mention the following:
- Trick out your ride with new wheels
- Bow and arrow Sharpen those bow skills and focus up for a special Duos Cup
- Exploding head 50-player matchmaking in Creative
The first line definitely confirms vehicle mods are coming to Fortnite. Back in January, dataminer HYPEX already explained what the developers are working on.
With Fortnite vehicle mods, players might see different tiers of vehicles, with different behaviours for grass, road, dirt and more.
The first Fortnite vehicle mod is Chonkers Off-Road Tires, which allows you to go off-road with any vehicle when added and brace rough terrain with ease.
Fortnite v16.20 update adds Spire's Assassin Recycler & Grappler bow.
Two new weapons have entered Fortnite, namely the Spire's Assassin Recycler and the Grappler Bow.
The Spire's Assassin Recycler is a new Mythic item, stronger than your regular recyclers.
Stay tuned as we will provide you with guides on how to find and use these new weapons.
Fortnite v16.20 patch notes: All the bug fixes
According to the game's official Trello Board, Epic Games is fixing some bugs and glitches with the Fortnite v16.20 update.
(Picture: Epic Games)
The bug fixes below are as close as one can get to an official Fortnite v16.20 patch notes.
- Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite.
- Code Green Wrap not appearing correctly.
- Arena playlist issues.
- Storm visibility is clear when using
- Performance Mode.
- Collection Book Character #17 not appearing on the Island.
- Slurpshrooms and Coconuts temporarily disabled.
- (Creative) Start with ‘Pickaxe’ Creator setting still spawning with a Pickaxe.
- (Creative) Vehicles not moving properly in Creative.
- (Mobile) Cosmetics in Lobby appearing blurry on Nintendo Switch.
- (Mobile) 3D resolution reset itself even if the player saved the settings.
So there you have it, the early Fortnite v16.20 patch notes.
We will update this article once more information becomes available.