After a long wait, we will finally be getting Baizhu as a playable character in Genshin Impact 3.6 update. He was the first Dendro character introduced in the game and has been a fan favorite ever since he made his first appearance. Baizhu will be a 5-star catalyst user, and you will be able to pull him from his banner.
Now, no matter which character you pick in Genshin Impact, you must build them with the best weapon, artifacts, and team composition to get the most out of them. If you manage to pull Baizhu from his banner, you can have a look at his best build and team composition below.
Best Baizhu Build in Genshin Impact
While HoYoverse has not revealed all the details about Baizhu, based on his abilities, he is best suited for the healer/support role in the party, and here are the best weapon and artifacts you can use to build him.
The signature weapon of Baizhu, Jadefall's Splendor, will be best suited for him; however, if you can't get your hands on it, you can also go with Everlasting Moonglow.
For 3s after using an Elemental Burst or creating a shield, the equipping character can gain the Primordial Jade Regalia effect: Restore 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 Energy every 2.5s, and gain 0.3%/0.45%/0.6%/0.75%/0.9% Elemental DMG Bonus for their corresponding Elemental Type for every 1,000 Max HP they possess, up to 12%/18%/24%/30%/36%. Primordial Jade Regalia will still take effect even if the equipping character is not on the field.
Healing Bonus increased by 10%/12.5%/15%/17.5%/20%, Normal Attack DMG is increased by 1%/1.5%/2%/2.5%/3% of the Max HP of the character equipping this weapon. For 12s after using an Elemental Burst, Normal Attacks that hit opponents will restore 0.6 Energy. Energy can be restored this way once every 0.1s.
Best Artifact Set
Ocean-Hued Clam (4-piece) is the best artifact set for Alhaitham, but if you don't have it, you can go with Deepwood Memories (4-piece).
- 2-Piece Bonus: Healing Bonus +15%.
- 4-Piece Bonus: When the character equipping this artifact set heals a character in the party, a Sea-Dyed Foam will appear for 3 seconds, accumulating the amount of HP recovered from healing (including overflow healing).
- At the end of the duration, the Sea-Dyed Foam will explode, dealing DMG to nearby opponents based on 90% of the accumulated healing. (This DMG is calculated similarly to Reactions such as Electro-Charged, and Superconduct, but is not affected by Elemental Mastery, Character Levels, or Reaction DMG Bonuses).
- Only one Sea-Dyed Foam can be produced every 3.5 seconds. Each Sea-Dyed Foam can accumulate up to 30,000 HP (including overflow healing). There can be no more than one Sea-Dyed Foam active at any given time.
- This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
- 2-Piece Bonus: Dendro DMG Bonus +15%.
- 4-Piece Bonus: After Elemental Skills or Bursts hit opponents, the targets' Dendro RES will be decreased by 30% for 8s. This effect can be triggered even if the equipping character is not on the field.
Best Baizhu Team Composition in Genshin Impact
In order to get the most out of Baizhu, we recommend you include Electro and Pyro characters in the team to trigger elemental reactions like Catalyze, Burning and more that will increase the damage and its duration. In addition to this, these elements are also enough to trigger Dendro reactions like Spread, Hyperbloom, etc., to deal bonus damage.
For the Electro character, you can pick Raiden Shogun, who will also be the team's DPS, and to fill up the space of a Pyro character, Xiangling or Bennett will be good choices. Apart from this, you can pick Ayato to deal more damage to enemies and initiate Vaporise and Electro-character reactions, or you can also go with Zhongli, who will protect your team from enemies' attacks.
Thus, the best team composition for Baizhu in Genshin Impact will be Raiden Shogun, Xiangling/Bennett, and Ayato/Zhongli.