Following the conclusion of the 3.1 Special Program livestream, Travelers are eagerly anticipating the amazing content that awaits them in Teyvat. While the livestream didn't extensively cover what's to come, developer HoYoverse has provided a complete list of the content and changes ahead of the update's release.
Recently, the developer released the official patch notes from their maintenance preview for the 3.1 update including all announced content and quality of life changes. We'll look at the complete and detailed patch notes for the 3.1 update coming soon to Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact 3.1 Patch Notes - New Content
During the 3.1 Special program livestream, HoYoverse unveiled some new content included in the subsequent 3.1 update, releasing 28th September 2022, according to the adjusted update schedule. These include events and rewards, new characters, and banner schedules, starting once the 3.1 update launches.
- Genshin Impact Trial Of The Scorching Sands Web Event – How To Play & Rewards
- Genshin Impact 3.1 – All New Desert Creatures & Biomes
- When Does Genshin Impact Version 3.2 Update Release?
- Genshin Impact Anime Adaptation Currently In Development
Below, we've listed all the latest and additional content included in the 3.1 update available at launch this September:
"King Deshret and the Three Magi" V3.1 Update Maintenance Preview— Genshin Impact (@GenshinImpact) September 26, 2022
Begins on 09/28 06:00 (UTC+8) and is est. to take 5 hours.
While maintenance is in progress, Travelers will be unable to log in to the game.
The 3.1 update adds the desert area to the map, which sees three subareas available to explore. These subareas are the Hypostyle Desert, Land of Lower Setekh, and Land of Upper Setekh explorable to all Travelers.
Three new characters are joining the current roster of playable characters: the 4-star Hydro user Nilou, the 5-star Electro user Cyno, and the 5-star Hydro user Candace. These characters can be acquired using their Intertwined Fates on their respective banners for the 3.1 update's Character Event Wishes.
Additionally, two 5-star characters, Venti and Albedo, will be returning in banner reruns for the 3.1 update for those who have yet to add them to their party. Venti will receive a limited-time boosted drop rate, and Candace will also receive an increased drop rate.
Three more domains will be added in the 3.1 update on top of the three introduced in the 3.0 update. These domains are the Garden of Endless Pillars, Red Desert Threshold, and Altar of Mirages.
Six new weapons are arriving at Genshin Impact, which Travelers will likely obtain from the 3.1 update's Epitome Invocation banners. In addition, the Missive Windspear and its refinement materials will be awarded after completing the Of Ballads and Brews event.
- 5-star polearm Staff of the Scarlet Sands
- 5-star sword Key of Khaj-Nisut
- 4-star claymore Makhaira Aquamarine
- 4-star sword Xiphos' Moonlight
- 4-star catalyst Wandering Evenstar
- 4-star polearm Missive Windspear
The 3.1 update will also add several new Quests that will continue to expand the lore of the Sumeru region and progress further in the Traveler's quest. Likewise, a few characters are receiving Story Quests which will be available following the update permanently and requires Story Keys to unlock.
- Archon Quest Chapter III: Act III "Dreams, Emptiness, Deception"
- Archon Quest Chapter III: Act IV "King Deshret and the Three Magi"
- Lupus Aureus Chapter: Act I - Sand of Solitude (Cyno's Story Quest)
- Lotos Somno Chapter: Act I - To the Wise (Nilou's Story Quest)
Similarly, with new areas and characters coming in the 3.1 update, there are more terrifying enemies to combat when exploring the deserts. Travelers will best prepare themselves before taking on any of the following enemies in-game:
- Aeonblight Drake
- Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network
- Primal Construct: Prospector, Reshaper, and Repulsor
- Eremite Stone Enchanter
- Eremite Galehunter
- New Fungi
Genshin Impact 3.1 Patch Notes - Adjustments And Bug Fixes
Alongside the plethora of content arriving to Teyvat in the 3.1 update, the developer has outlined several notable and minor adjustments and bug fixes added to the update. These changes aim to bring much-needed in-game stability and improve overall game performance and experience for all Travelers.
We've detailed all the adjustments and bug fixes rolling out with the upcoming 3.1 update for Genshin Impact listed below:
- Reduces the DMG inflicted by the Frostbite attack cast by the boss "Cryo Regisvine" when it hits a character in succession after recovering from paralysis.
- Adjusts the calculation method of enemy skill damage (some enemies will see a slight decrease in damage from specific skills, while other enemies' skill damage remains unchanged).
- Optimizes the effect of some sand scattering special effects of "The Eremites."
- Whenever switching between the first and second half in each chamber of the Spiral Abyss, constructs created by enemies and characters in the first half will be cleared (remaining Elemental Orbs, Elemental Particles, and Crystals produced by the Crystallization Reaction will not be cleared).
- Adjusts and optimizes the sorting rules of some items in the Inventory.
- Reduces the placement restrictions of some Furnishings in the Serenitea Pot.
- After the Genshin Impact Version 3.1 update, each top-up level of Genesis Crystals on the Crystal Top-Up page will be reset to provide a double bonus for the first top-up.
- After the reset, each top-up level will be reset to provide a double bonus upon your first top-up.
- Top-up bonuses that have not been used before the reset will not be accumulated. After resetting, obtaining two double bonuses for each top-up level will not be possible.
- The camera function in the Paimon Menu can no longer be used when characters are under attack and in some skill states (The Kamera is not affected).
- Optimizes the performance of the Dendro icon's dynamic effect when wishing for a Dendro character.
- Adjusts the refreshment frequency of Viparyas. After the adjustment is the same as Crystal Ores' refreshment frequency.
- Optimizes the sound performance of some puzzle objects when solved.
- Optimizes the sound performance of the gadget "Vintage Lyre."
- Optimizes the sound performance of knocking down opponents and critical hits.
- Optimizes the Japanese and Korean voice-over for certain quests and optimizes the Korean voice-over for certain NPCs.
- Optimizes the English voice-over related to specific items.
- Adds a function whereby the related dialogue will be triggered when certain characters are in a desert environment.
- Made minor adjustments to the positions of NPCs Halva and Shahbandar.
- Adjusts the special effects display of Truesense Pulse.
- Adjusts the speed at which footprints disappear in the desert.
- The title "Story Quests/Hangout Events" of the Character Hangout Event Page has been changed to "Hangout Event."
- Adjusted the ore types at specific locations in the Sumeru area: some Magical Crystal Ore will be adjusted to Crystal Ore.
- Adjusts the collision size of some parts of the scenery.
- Adjusts the special effects display of the Ruin Drake's weaknesses when it is paralyzed and not absorbing energy.
The Genshin Impact 3.1 update, "King Deshret and the Three Magi," will release for PlayStation consoles, mobile devices, and PC via the Epic Games Store on 28th September 2022.
Featured image courtesy of HoYoverse.