The first big patch for Legends of Runeterra is here with multiple balance changes as well as free goodies for players to claim once they log in.
Riot explained in a blog post in their site about the balance philosophy moving forward, explaining how they're aiming to have "a fair and diverse metagame, where every champion's gameplay dream can be realized."
(Picture: Riot Games)
Their way to do this will be through monthly balancing, taking into account individual card win rates, deck win rates, and champion play rates, among others, said RubinZoo, live design lead of Runeterra.
- Vladimir: For each other attacking ally, deal 1 to it and 1 to the enemy Nexus. For each other attacking ally, deal 1 to it and drain 1 from the enemy Nexus.
- Shen: Power level increased from 2 to 3. Shen (Level 2) power level increased from 3 to 4.
- Hecarim: Power level increased from 4 to 5. Hecarim (Level 2) power level increased from 5 to 6.
- Vi: Health reduced from 5 to 4. Vi (Level 2) health reduced from 6 to 5.
- Karma: Champion cost increased from 5 to 6.
- Greathorn Companion: Power level increased from 4 to 5.
- Grizzled Ranger: Power level reduced from 4 to 3. Effect applies to Loyal Badgerbear.
- Laurent Chevalier: Health increased from 1 to 2.
- Legion Rearguard: Health reduced from 2 to 1.
- Kindly Tavernkeeper: Power level increased from 2 to 3.
- Boomcrew Rookie: Health reduced from 4 to 3.
- Longtooth: Health increased from 1 to 2.
- Monkey Idol: Health increased from 4 to 5.
- Slotbot: Power level increased from 0 to 1. Health increased from 3 to 4.
- Stand Alone: Cost increased from 3 to 4.
- Deep Meditation: Cost increased from 4 to 5.
- Brood Awakening: Cost increased from 5 to 6.
Several other possible adjustments are mentioned in what the developers are calling "The Watchlist". These are cards, general strategies, or metagame developments they'll be taking a closer look in the coming few weeks but have received no alterations as of yet.
Current topics for next month include the spell Unyielding Spirit, card stealing decks, and direct damage to the Nexus.
On top of these changes, Riot made available for free a batch of Rainbow Poro cosmetics, including an emote and a guardian. To claim these simply log in before July 7th.
(Picture: Riot Games)
Be sure to check Riot’s official blog to stay up to date with everything Legends of Runeterra.