With the LoL Worlds 2022 information coming to the surface in recent days, the popular MOBA title is hot in the news and the new patch notes have only fed the flame. Follow along below for a detailed breakdown of the League of Legends 12.14 patch notes.
League of Legends 12.14 Patch Notes
[s] Health growth increased. E’s healing passive decreased late. R bonus healing decreased late.
[c] With the Grievous Wounds nerf in patch 12.11 Aatrox’s life-stealing drain tanking has gotten a bit out of hand. We're shifting his power a bit by bringing down his overall healing in favor of increasing the Darkin's baseline durability.
- Health Growth: 104 >>> 114
- E - Umbral Dash
- Passive Healing: 18/20/22/24/26% >>> 18/19.5/21/22.5/24%
- R - World Ender
- Increased Healing: 25/40/55% >>> 25/35/45%
[s] Q mana cost decreased at all ranks, cooldown decreased at all ranks.
[c] Compared to other melee supports, Alistar has been falling behind the herd. We're looking to increase the uptime of his <strong>Q - Pulverize</strong> so he can more often use a second </ strong>Pulverize</strong> in fights—especially when he has his ultimate going.
- Q - Pulverize
- Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 >>> 55/60/65/70/75 Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 >>> 14/13/12/11/10
[s] Base health and base armor decreased, health growth increased. Passive now scales with crit chance. Q base damage decreased early, increased late. E slow reduced, slow now scales with crit chance, bonus physical damage decreased early and increased late, bonus damage on crits reduced.
[c] One of Gangplank's most defining features is his ability to turn the tides of a fight with late game barrel chains and critical strikes. However, getting to theose late game power spikes shouldn't be smooth sailing. We're opting to weaken his laning phase by reducing his harass strength and making him a bit squishier early while maintaining incentives for him to itemize crit.
- Base Health: 640 >>> 600 Health Growth: 104 >>> 114 Base Armor: 35 >>> 31
- Passive - Trial by Fire
- Damage: 55-310 (based on level)(+100% bonus AD) >>> 55-310 (based on level)(+100% bonus AD) (+200% Critical Strike Chance)
- Q - Parrrley
- Base Damage: 20/45/70/95/120 >>> 10/40/70/100/130
- E - Powder Keg
- Slow Amount: 40/50/60/70/80% >>> 30/37.5/45/52.5/60% (+0.25% per 1% Crit Chance at all ranks)
- Bonus physical damage: 80 / 105 / 130 / 155 / 180 >>> 75 / 105 / 135 / 165 / 195
- E bonus damage on crit: 25% >>> 10%
[s] Base health decreased, health regeneration growth decreased.
[c] Mini Gnar hasn't been quite as vulnerable during his laning phase as we'd like. We're looking to reduce his base health and health regeneration growth so that he's a bit more punishable at close range, similar to other ranged top laners.
- Base Health: 580 >>> 540
- Health Regeneration Growth: 1.75 >>> 1.25
[s] E base shield amount increased at all ranks, bonus heal and shield power decreased. R heal per second increased at all ranks, AP scaling increased.
[c] In this patch one of our objectives is to nerf overtuned healing and shielding champions and items. In an effort to bring healing systems back in line, we needed to take a little bit of the wind out of Janna’s sails since her shield and heal power stood out compared to the other item stats we’re updating this patch. Shifting her power more into her base heals and shield should help keep her more in line with her enchanter friends.
- E - Eye of the Storm
- Shield Amount: 65/90/115/140/165 >>> 75/100/125/150/175 Bonus Heal and Shield Power: 20% >>> 15%
- R - Monsoon
- Heal per Second: 90/145/200 (+45% AP) >>> 100/150/200 (+50% AP)
[s] Q AD scaling increased. E cooldown now decreases with rank.
[c]Jarvan IV has been struggling in a world of extended combat duration and our last round of buffs in patch 12.12 didn’t aid the King as much as we had hoped. This time around we’re increasing his ability to make plays by increasing the uptime of his flag and drag combo.
- Q - Dragon Strike
- Damage: 90/130/170/210/250 <strong>(+120% base AD)</strong> >>> 90/130/170/210/250 <strong>(+140% base AD)</strong>
- E - Demacian Standard
- Cooldown: 12 seconds >>> 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
[s] Health growth increased. Passive Rhaast healing based on damage dealt decreased.
[c] Red Kayn/Rhaast has been running rampant due to the Grievous Wounds nerfs in 12.11 leaving his healing unchecked. Like Aatrox, we're shifting his power by reducing his healing and increasing his base durability.
- Health Growth: 99 >>> 109
- Passive - The Darkin Scythe
- Rhaast Passive: Heal 25-35% (based on level) of damage dealt to champions >>> Heal <strong>20-30%</strong> (based on level) of damage dealt to champions
[s] Base mana and mana growth increased. W base damage increased late.
[c] LeBlanc has taken quite a hit after the Durability Update, unable to keep up with everyone's increased stats. We're looking to snap her back into reality by relaxing her ability's mana constraints and giving her more mana to poke her opponents down into her kill range.
- Base Mana: 334 >>> 400 Mana Growth: 50 >>> 55
- W - Distortion
- Damage: 75/<strong>110/145/180/215</strong> (+60% AP) >>> 75/<strong>115/145/195/235</strong> (+60% AP)
[s] Passive adjusted.
[c] We’re giving Nocturne a small quality of life update so that he isn't punished by his passive when trying to <strike>tax</strike> last hit minions.
- Passive - Umbra Blades
- Minion Damage: No longer deals 50% reduced damage against minions that are the primary target (note: will still do 50% reduced damage to all other minions damage by Nocturne’s Passive)
[s] Q damage to monsters increased.
[c] Despite recent efforts to strengthen Pantheon in solo lanes he hasn’t been able to pick up much traction. Given that we’re in a slower, low kill meta, we’re reverting the changes made in patch 11.3 to help Pantheon make a grand <strike>starfall</strike> re-entrance into the jungle to help spice up the early game.
- Q - Comet Spear
- Minion and Monster Damage: Deals 70% damage to minions and monsters >>> Deals 70% damage to minions and <strong>105%</strong> to monsters
[s] Base health and base AD decreased.
[c] Renata's corporate takeover of the bot lane has come to fruition recently, solidifying her place as a top support. That said, nothing lasts forever. We're taking Renata down a notch by lowering her base stats so she has to be a little more calculated when picking trades in the early game.
- Base Health: 595 >>> 545 Base AD: 51 >>> 49
[s] W shield and heal AP scaling decreased.
[c] Seraphine's taken center stage as a result of the Champion Durability Update and her recent buffs in 12.12. While she shines brightest as a bot carry, her mid and support performances are also extraordinary. In order to help tone her down we're reducing how effectively she can support allies when itemizing AP by decreasing her AP ratios.
- W - Surround Sound
- Shield: 50/70/90/110/130 <strong>(+35% AP)<strong> >>> 50/70/90/110/130 <strong>(+25% AP)</ strong>
- Heal Per Ally: 5/5.5/6/6.5/7% <strong>(+0.6% per 100 AP) missing health</strong> >>> 5/5.5/6/6.5/7% <strong>(+0.4% per 100 AP) missing health</strong>
[s] Q bugfix. W damage to minions decreased, now executes minions below a certain threshold.
[c] Sivir hit the jackpot with her mid-scope update and landed in a pretty strong spot, particularly in the waveclear department. We’re looking to tone down her ability to waveclear so effectively by reducing the amount of damage her W does to high health minions, but adding an execute so that she can still haul in the gold by last hitting effectively.
- Q - Boomerang Blade
- CAST TIME BUGFIX: 0.25-0.18 seconds scaling down with Attack Speed >>> 0.25-0.10 seconds scaling down with Attack Speed
- W - Ricochet
- Damage to Minions: 80% >>> 65%
- [NEW] GOLD IS FOREVER: Bounces now execute minions that are hit by a ricochet and would have been left at less than 15 health
[s] Mana growth increased. R range increased early, AP scaling increased, mana cost now scales down with rank.
[c] After the Durability Update Teemo’s shrooms haven’t been hitting as hard as they once did. To help out the Swift Scout, we’re buffing his mushroom power and increasing his placement range in the early stages of the game. We’re also relaxing some of his mana restrictions, so that he’s gated by R’s cooldown instead of mana issues.
- Mana Growth: 20 >>> 25
- R - Noxious Trap
- Placement Range: 400 / 650 / 900 >>> 600 / 750 / 900
Damage: 200 / 325 / 450 (+ 50% AP) >>> 200 / 325 / 450 (+ 55% AP) Mana Cost: 75 Mana >>> 75 / 55 / 35 Mana
[s] Base AD increased.
[c] Varus hasn't been hitting the mark in either Pro Play or Solo Queue, so we're giving him a straightforward buff that should help, regardless of whatever build he opts for.
- Base AD: 59 >>> 62
[s] Base health regeneration increased. Passive health regeneration per stack decreased.
[c] With the value of healing having gone up in the Durability Update, the value of Wukong's passive has gone up as well, especially in the later stages of the game. We're putting a stop to this monkey business by shifting his health regen from his passive to his base stats. This should result in his laning phase feeling roughly the same, but reduce his scaling regeneration a bit.
- Base Health Regeneration: 2.5 >>> 3.5 per 5 seconds
- Passive - Stone Skin
- Health Regeneration Per Stack (max 10): 0.5% >>> 0.35%
[s] E AP scaling decreased.
[c] Yuumi’s been having as much fun as a cat with a ball of yarn since the Durability Update. As one of League’s premier enchanters we’re dampening the amount of healing she can output to bring her more in line with other supports.
- E - Zoomies
- Heal: 70/90/110/130/150 <strong>(+35% AP)</strong> >>> 70/90/110/130/150 <strong>(+30% AP)</ strong>
[s] Q Passive adjusted. R bonus magic damage decreased.
[c] Zeri's ability to win duels and wavepush due to her increased damage to low health enemies has made her unfair-y to her opponents. We're opting to preserve this mechanic as a tool to help her last hit minions, but eliminating its strengths when it comes to dealing with low health enemies more broadly.
- Q - Burst Fire
- [NEW] ELECTROCUTION: Right clicks executes enemies with health under 60-150 (levels 1-18)(+18% AP) (note: Damage to shields or invulnerabilities does not proc this execute)</em>
- [REMOVED] LOW ON BATTERY: Uncharged Zeri’s right click attack no longer does increased damage to enemies below a certain health threshold
- R - Lightning Crash
- Bonus Magic Damage: 10/15/20 (+15% AP) >>> 5/10/15 (+15% AP)
[c] With our changes in patch 12.11, Chempunk Chainsword became an incredibly gold efficient item, even with its reduced Grievous Wounds effects. Instead of nerfing the item’s stats we’re opting to increase its cost to bring it more in line with other Legendary Fighter item options.
- Combine Cost: 300 >>> 500 Total Cost: 2600 >>> 2800
[c] Enchanters as a whole were the big winners of the Durability Update, even after the systematic nerfs we did to heal and shield power in 12.10. They’re harder to kill early, are buffing more durable targets, and benefit from weaker Grievous Wounds. We think there are a lot of beneficial aspects to having enchanters be more durable, but they’re currently much too effective at keeping allies and themselves alive come mid to late game. We’re nerfing all of their common items so that there are more opportunities to kill that out-of-position carry with an enchanter behind them.
- Forbidden Idol Heal and Shield Power Increase: 10% >>> 8%
- Ardent Censer Heal and Shield Power Increase: 10% >>> 8% Mikael's
- Blessing Heal and Shield Power Increase: 20% >>> 16% Redemption
- Heal and Shield Power Increase: 20% >>> 16%
- Staff of Flowing Water Heal and Shield Power Increase: 10% >>> 8%
- Moonstone Renewer Maximum Stacks: 5 >>> 4
[c] Sunfire Aegis has started to emerge as a powerful second item for DPS champions. While Fighters have dipped into other Tank items before, Sunfire offers the most stats and potent damage compared to other options. We're adjusting Sunfire so its damage output is more strongly tied to health stacking.
- Immolate Damage: 12-30 (based on level) (+1% bonus health) >>> 15 (+1.75% bonus health)
Potions and Runes
[c] After the Durability Update we’ve seen kills in the early game decrease substantially, especially in professional play.
[c] Overall, we believe that the amount of damage post-laning phase is in a good spot. However, it’s currently too difficult to create meaningful leads in lane due to the amount of strong defensive runes and potions. We’re opting to nerf these sustain options so that getting early advantages is a bit more achievable.
[c] Given that champions are more durable in the early game we’re looking to tone down the amount of sustain they have access to so that trades and poke are more meaningful in laning phase.
- Health Potion Healing: 150 >>> 120 Refillable Potion: 125 >>> 100 Corrupting Potion: 125 >>> 100
- Health and Mana Restoration: 10% of missing Health/Mana >>> 8% of missing Health/Mana Increase to Maximum Mana: 50 >>> 40
- Cooldown: 45 seconds >>> 55 seconds
- Base Stat Increase: 9 Armor and Magic Resist >>> 8 Armor and Magic Resist
- Total Bonus Stat Increase: <strong>4%</strong> increase to total Armor and Magic Resist >>> <strong>3%</strong> increase to total Armor and Magic Resist
- Cooldown: 70-40 seconds (based on level) >>> 90-40 seconds (based on level)
- Damage: 15-35 (based on level) >>> 20-40 (based on level)
- Heal: Regenerate 6 (+4% Missing health) over 10 seconds >>> Regenerate 3 (+4% Missing health) over 10 seconds
- Bonus Lethality and Magic Penetration: 7 Lethality and 6 Magic Penetration >>> 9 Lethality and 7 Magic Penetration
- Time Warp Tonic
- Bonus Move Speed while under the effect of a potion or biscuit: 4% >>> 2%
- Bonus Slow Resist and Tenacity: 10-30% based on missing health >>> 5-25% based on missing health
[c] With champions being more durable, the damage reduction aspect of Challenging Smite isn’t as necessary as it once was. Now that we’re giving junglers a bit more early game influence with the objective changes we’re looking to pull a bit of power out of this summoner spell.
- Smite Target Damage Reduction: 20% >>> 10%
[c] Exhaust has become a common summoner spell for marksmen recently, making it a bit too hard to all in and kill enchanter supports in the bot lane. We’re toning down its power to make it a bit less exhausting to play against.
- Exhausted Target Damage Reduction: 40% >>> 35%
[c] As mentioned above, early game is currently becoming much slower which has led to a meta shift focusing on scaling team comps. Players have become more comfortable conceding early objectives in order to reach their late-game win conditions.
- LoL Star Guardian Event - Event Pass, Champion Skins, More
- Valorant - Fnatic's Crosshair Codes And Settings
- Valorant Champions 2022 - Start date, teams, watch live, and more
- 2022 Esports Calendar - All major tournaments and events
[c] In order to increase the priority of early game objectives we’re going to be increasing the reward for early drake and Rift Herald takes. Individual drake buffs are currently too low impact as players will more likely prioritize them due to the threat of soul and less for the individual buffs themselves. In order to make drake buffs more meaningful, we’ll be increasing the buff values of each by roughly 50% (and even more for Cloud Drake). In addition, we’ll be decreasing the damage output of drakes across the board in exchange for more durability so that teams have more time to contest drakes as a coordinated group. In a similar vein, we’re now increasing the value of Rift Herald by making Shelly drop local gold. We’re also increasing the amount of health on the second Herald to increase its value and priority relative to the first so that it's ignored less often.
Changes to All Drakes
- Percent Current Health Damage on Attacks: 7% >>> 5%
- Health Pre-Rift Transformation: 2650 (+240 per level) >>> 3450 (+380 per level)
- Health Post-Rift Transformation: 4350 (+240 per level) >>> 6950 (+380 per level)
- Attack Damage: 50 >>> 35
- Cloud Drake Dragon Slayer Buff: 3.5% Slow Resist & Out-of-Combat Movespeed >>> 7% Slow Resist & Out-of-Combat Movespeed
- Cloud Soul Dragon Slayer Buff: 10% bonus move speed and 50% bonus move speed for 6 seconds after casting Ultimate >>> 15% bonus move speed and 50% bonus move speed for 6 seconds after casting Ultimate
- Attack Damage: 66.7 >>> 47
- Hextech Drake Dragon Slayer Buff: 6% attack speed and 6 Ability Haste >>> 9% attack speed and 9 Ability Haste
- Attack Damage: 100 >>> 70
- Infernal Drake Dragon Slayer Buff: 4% bonus attack damage and ability power >>> 6% bonus attack damage and ability power
- Attack Damage: 150 >>> 105
- Mountain Drake Dragon Slayer Buff: 6% bonus armor and magic resist >>> 9% bonus armor and magic resist
- Attack Damage: 100 >>> 70
- Ocean Drake Dragon Slayer Buff: 2% missing health per 5 seconds >>> 3% missing health per 5 seconds
- Health: 6400 (+180 per minute) >>> 6400 (+290 per minute)
- [NEW] CHONKY: Rift Herald now has 75% more health when summoned with <em>Eye of the Herald</ em> for the second time
- [NEW] YOU ALL GET GOLD: Rift Herald now grants 200 local gold to the team that killed it
New Ult-ernate Summoner Spells
- Nilah R is now available [*] Annie R is re-enabled
Ult-ernate Summoner Spell Nerfs
- Stat Boost ultimates: +6-40 Adaptive Force/Armor/Magic Resistance (based on level) >>> +5-35 Adaptive Force/Armor/Magic Resistance (based on level) and now grows with each level following the character stat progression curve
[c] The following Ult-ernate Summoner Spells have been updated to match their original champion's functionality:
- Soraka R [*] Kindred R [*] Jinx R
Zaun Cup Clash
[c] Team formation for the first weekend of the Zaun Cup Clash starts on August 1, and the tournament days are on August 6 and 7.
Ranked Split 3 Start
- The Summoner’s Rift Ranked Split 2 rolls into Split 3 on Friday, July 29th @ 11:59 PM local time.
- The exclusive rewards for Split 3 are:
- Bel'Veth summoner icon
- Bel'Veth emotes
- 1 Bel'Veth Champion permanent Series 1 Eternals Capsule.
- You will now be able to see which teammates honored you if you hover over the honor icon in the end of game screen.
[C] The Mythic Shop rotates this patch! This is a small rotation, meaning only the unvaulted Prestige skins and new Mythic Chroma are rotating. The next large rotation will be in patch 12.18.
- Prestige Blood Moon Aatrox (150 ME, available until Patch 12.16)
- Prestige Dark Star Malphite (125 ME, available until Patch 12.16)
- Star Guardian Jinx Mythic Chroma + Icon (40 ME, available until Patch 12.16)
Leaving the Mythic Shop
- Prestige K/DA Evelynn
- Prestige Pulsefire Lucian
- Final Boss Veigar Mythic Chroma + Icon
Bugfixes & QoL Changes |+|
- The “Challenges Are Here” introduction tooltip has been removed. We felt that you had been made sufficiently aware
- You can now change the order that your Challenge Tokens are displayed in. Open the Identity Customizer, select the token slot you wish to change, and select the token you want displayed there
Sion Bugfix Bundle
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to sharply turn the direction of Sion’s ultimate
- Fixed a bug where Sion’s basic attacks would sometimes automatically cancel while in combat
- Fixed a bug where Sion’s Q would prematurely end its charge if it was cast immediately after E
- Fixed a bug where W would not be castable immediately after completing a Q cast
- Fixed a bug where Sion could animation cancel his R into Q combo that made the stun duration of point blank ultimates longer than intended
- Fixed a bug where clone champions (e.g. Shaco, LeBlanc, Neeko) would not properly display Ornn Mythic item borders in their clone’s inventory
- Fixed a bug where opponent summoner spell’s tooltips would display certain values as 0 if viewed before said champion is seen in game
- Fixed a bug where Yone could no longer return to his body after using his <strong>E - Soul Unbound</ strong> while under effects like Camille’s <strong>R - Hextech Ultimatum</strong> or Mordekaiser’s <strong>R - Death Realm</strong>
- Fixed a bug where the visual effects of Yone’s third <strong>Q - Mortal Steel</strong> would disappear earlier than intended
- Fixed a bug where Qiyana’s Q > W > Q combo would deal less damage than intended
- Fixed a bug where Bel’Veth’s <strong>E - Royal Maelstrom</strong> would temporarily have global range when Berserked by Renata’s <strong>R - Hostile Takeover</strong>
- Fixed a bug where casting Rek’Sai’s <strong>R - Void Rush</strong> on an enemy vessel created by Illaoi’s <strong>E - Test of Spirit</strong> would cause Rek’Sai to stop rendering
- Fixed a bug where part of Varus’ <strong>Q - Piercing Arrow</strong> visual effects would stop rendering after casting his <strong>E - Hail of Arrows</strong>
- Fixed a bug where Nilah’s <strong>Passive - Joy Unending</strong> was unintentionally proccing Fimbulwinter’s passive
- Fixed a bug where Akali’s <strong>Passive - Weapon Mark</strong> weapon spin animation would be delayed when issuing a movement command
- Fixed a bug where Nilah’s <strong>Q - Formless Blade<strong> empowered basic auto attack would last longer than intended if used during her <strong>E - Slipstream</strong>
- Fixed a bug where Nilah’s <strong>Q - Formless Blade<strong> empowered basic auto attacks would damage Nilah when Berserked by Renata’s <strong>R - Hostile Takeover</strong>
- Fixed a bug where boots would override mythic item passive move speed if placed in a lower item slot than the mythic item
- Fixed shields
- Fixed a bug where Black Cleaver’s bonus damage tracker was not correctly tracking damage against
- Fixed a bug where Lethality mythic items were not properly tracking damage
- Fixed a bug where Nilah’s Champ Select lock in sound effects were playing too loudly
- Fixed a bug where Sejuani’s <strong>Q - Bristle Arctic Assault</strong>’s visual effects were not showing
- Fixed a bug where Singed’s <strong>R - Insanity Potion</strong> visual effects were not properly
- Fixed a bug where Nilah’s <strong>W - Jubilant Veil</strong> would not gray out to reflect it is unable
- Fixed to be cast during her <strong>R - Apotheosis</strong>
- Fixed a bug where Nilah’s <strong>Q - Formless Blade</strong> empowered auto attacks’ visual effects would not properly display
- Fixed a bug where Eclipse’s damage tracker was not working correctly
- Fixed a bug where Poro Snax in ARAM were not correctly displaying their beautiful flavor text
- Fixed a bug where Luden’s effect missiles would sometimes affect other items’ tooltip damage trackers [*] Fixed a bug where the Identity Customizer would open to the wrong section on subsequent views.
- Fixed a bug where stunned and knockup animations were not correctly playing for several champions [*] Updated the tooltip on Jarvan IV’s W so that it now displays the correct information
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released in this patch:
- Star Guardian Akali
- Star Guardian Quinn
- Star Guardian Rell
- Star Guardian Taliyah
- Star Nemesis Morgana
- Prestige Star Guardian Syndra
The following chromas will be released in this patch:
- Star Guardian Akali
- Star Guardian Quinn
- Star Guardian Rell
- Star Guardian Syndra
- Star Guardian Taliyah
- Star Nemesis Morgana
For more on the game, please make sure to check our section dedicated to League of Legends guides, news, tips, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games.