This upcoming weekend will undoubtedly be one of the biggest in Riot Games' history, with the Worlds 2021 finals between DWG KIA and Edward Gaming, and the world premiere of their new animated series "Arcane", after almost two years since its initial reveal.
As part of everything prepared for this unprecedented event, Riot has fully revealed everything their communities will be able to enjoy, to commemorate the end of the competitive season and the premiere of the first chapters of their new Netflix series.
Let's take a look at what’s in store for RiotX Arcane.
All you need to know about RiotX Arcane
The RiotX Arcane event will be divided into three parts, in which players will be able to enjoy tons of content based on the series, as well as exclusive rewards on all Riot Games titles.
Worlds and Arcane Super Weekend
To kick things off, the World Championship Finals Show Open will bring us a great ceremony that will connect the new animated series with several of Riot's games, far surpassing what was presented during the Sentinels of Light event.
Among some of the surprises that await us is a musical presentation with Imagine Dragons, PVRIS, Bea Miller, JID, and Denzel Curry, who will take viewers on a journey through Piltover and Zaun, delighting us with part of the soundtrack of the series ahead of the fight for the Summoner's Cup.
Later that same day, Riot is also gearing up the Arcane Global Premiere, featuring an innovative red carpet for media and streamers at Riot’s headquarters in Los Angeles, representing over 30 countries around the world, to broadcast the celebration to their global communities.
"With every new step we take, from launching new games to expanding our esports, we’ve always remained focused on bringing players exciting, resonant content that is authentic to the core League of Legends experience," said Nicolo Laurent, CEO, Riot Games.
The Worlds 2021 Show Open will begin on 6th November at 5 am PT / 12 pm BST, while the RiotX Arcane Global Premiere will begin at 5:30 pm PT / 12:30 am BST.
Twitch Drops available during Arcane Global Premiere
As part of the Arcane Global Premiere, content creators will have the chance to co-stream the series’ first episode, making it the first Netflix series to debut with co-streaming exclusively on Twitch.
During the worldwide co-streams, all of Riot’s games will launch new Arcane-themed items and updates during the show's premiere, with many rewards for all players available via Twitch Drops.
Some of the rewards available as part of the Twitch Drops include:
- League of Legends: Free Arcane-inspired skins for Jayce, Vi, Caitlyn, and Jinx, and an Arcane Hextech Crafting Capsule
- Teamfight Tactics: Gizmos and Gadgets Little Legends Egg
- Legends of Runeterra: Jayce Emote
- Valorant: Fishbones Gun Buddy
- Wild Rift: A Single Tear Emote
You can learn how to receive Twitch Drops during Arcane's Global Premiere Event in this deep guide.
In-game events and content
Finally, and to celebrate the event in their own unique ways, players from all of Riot’s titles will see the following updates throughout November, with more in store week-by-week as the show develops:
League of Legends
- Preseason 2022 Update featuring new elemental drakes, items, and runes
- Caitlyn Art & Sustainability Update
- Map accents on Summoner's Rift
- Two new interactive experiences will also be revealed in the coming week
- Arcane Experience in-game event
- Arcane Jinx and Vi skins are available free through daily login rewards
- Jayce and Caitlyn’s long-awaited release in the Hextech Heist event
- Themed weeks in Guild vs Guild, including Jinx vs Vi
Legends of Runeterra
- The release of a new permanent PvE mode, The Path of Champions, letting players journey through Runeterra as their favourite champions
- New Champion: Jayce
- Thematic support cards from Piltover & Zaun
- Mega Event Pass
- Gizmos and Gadgets set release
- Arcane-themed Tacticians including the introduction of new Chibi Champions
- A new Double Up mode for you to play with your friends
- Free RiotX Arcane Pass
- Free in-game Collectible Items
- In-game Arcane Collector’s Set
- New Agent: Chamber
“To create an experience around the launch of Arcane, we started with our games, the origin of the IP,” added Sarah Schutz, Head of Riot Experience (XP), Riot Games. “We hope we’ve created an event that encourages players to celebrate Arcane in their own unique and meaningful ways, as a global community, in and around the games they love.”
The RiotX Arcane celebration event will be available during the entire month of November. You can check more details through its virtual event hub.
For more Worlds and League of Legends Coverage, head on over to our dedicated LoL section!
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games.