Legends of Runeterra continues to be constantly updated by Riot Games. Events, expansions, new cards, and modes make the free-to-play a must-try for all card game enthusiasts.
As patch 3.4.0 rolls around, Legends of Runeterra is set to receive a new small batch of cards, balance changes across the board, more cosmetics, and even UI improvements that make tracking things while in the heat of battle way easier.
LoR patch 3.4.0 - Full patch notes
This is a rare occasion for LoR players, as no new expansion or set was announced to drop with this patch, however, Riot is experimenting with game updates.
- Legends of Runeterra The Path of Champions: Release date, how to play, and more
- Three Legends of Runeterra pros banned by ESIC after cheating incident
"In addition to the usual card updates, we’ve taken a holistic look at gameplay patterns that aren’t easily or quickly addressable by changing existing cards, so instead, we’re adding a few new cards," said Riot Games.
Here's everything players can expect from Legends of Runeterra patch 3.4.0.
"This patch, we took a look at regions that lack core tools to deal with wide boards, as well as elusives, leading to one-sided matchups against that archetype, and we’ve created a new spell card for each of them to help shore up that weakness: Piltover & Zaun, Targon, and Shurima."
- Give an enemy -2 I 0 this round. An ally and the enemy strike each other.
- Stun two enemies
- Deal 3 to an enemy and 1 to all other enemies
First up take a look at all the Champions and Related card changes
GIFTS FROM BEYOND
- CHANGE: Cost: 1 → 2
- ALL MOON WEAPONS Cost: 3 → 2
- CHANGE: Summon a 2 cost follower from your deck. If it has Nightfall, activate it. → Summon a 2 cost follower from your regions.
AZIR (LEVEL 1)
- You’ve summoned 13+ units. → You’ve summoned 13+ units or landmarks.
GNAR (LEVEL 1)
- BASE STATS (LEVEL 1): 4|3 → 3|3
GNAR (LEVEL 2)
- BASE STATS (LEVEL 2): 6|5 → 5|5
PANTHEON (LEVEL 1)
- BASE STATS (LEVEL 1): 4|2 → 3|2
PANTHEON (LEVEL 2)
- BASE STATS (LEVEL 2): 5|3 → 4|3
PYKE (LEVEL 1)
- BASE STATS (LEVEL 1): 2|3 → 1|3
PYKE (LEVEL 2)
- BASE STATS (LEVEL 2): 3|4 → 2|4
RUMBLE (LEVEL 1)
- LEVEL UP REQUIREMENT: I’ve dealt 12+ damage. → I’ve seen allied Mecha-Yordles deal 12+ damage.
- BASE STATS: 5|3 → 6|3
- BASE STATS: 5|6 → 6|6
- BASE STATS: 4|5 → 5|5
- BASE STATS: 0|4 → 0|5
- BASE STATS: 3|2 → 3|3
VIKTOR (LEVEL 1 + HEX CORE UPGRADE TOKEN)
- TOKEN COST: Hex Core Upgrade now costs 0.
Followers, Spells, and Landmarks
- BASE STATS: 3|6 → 3|5
- BASE STATS: 3|2 → 2|2
- BASE STATS: 3|4 → 3|3
- BASE STATS: 2|2 → 2|1
- COST: 2 → 3
- BASE STATS: 2|1 → 2|2
- CHANGE: Deal 4 to an enemy that attacked this round or is Stunned. → Deal 5 to an enemy that attacked this round or is Stunned.
- CHANGE: Give an enemy -4|-0 and disable its keywords (excluding any negative keywords) this round. → Give one enemy -4|-0 or two enemies -2|-0. Disable their positive keywords this round.
SHE WHO WANDERS
- CHANGE: Obliterate ALL followers with 4 or less power in play and in hands. → Obliterate ALL units with 4 or less power in play and in hands.
SHERIFF LARIETTE ROSE
- BASE STATS: 6|5 → 7|6
- CHANGE: Give an ally +2|+2 and “I can block units with Elusive” this round. → Give an ally +1|+2 and “I can block units with Elusive” this round.
- CHANGE: Give an ally +3|+0 or +0|+3 this round. → Give an ally +2|+0 or +0|+3 this round.
KING JARVAN III
- BASE STATS: 3|6 → 5|6
- CHANGE: Effect is no longer consumed by units that already have Challenger.
- CHANGE: When I’m summoned, draw a Shen. Allies with Barrier have Double Attack. → Play: Give an ally Barrier and draw a Shen. Allies with Barrier have Double Attack.
SIGIL OF MALICE
- COST: 4 → 3
- CHANGE: Create an Armed Gearhead, Ballistic Bot, or Nyandroid in hand. → Create an Armed Gearhead, Ballistic Bot, or Nyandroid in hand and grant it +1|+1.
- CHANGE: Cards that previously planted Flashbomb Traps in the top 10 cards of an opponent’s deck now plant them in the top 8 cards of an opponent’s deck.
- This affects Caitlyn, Sting Officer, Advanced Intel, Justice Rider, House Whump, Piltover Peacemaker, and various items & powers in The Path of Champions.
- COST: 3 → 2
CAMPHOR, THE DOUBT
- BASE STATS: 5|4 → 6|5
- CHANGE: When I’m summoned, if you’ve targeted allies 6+ times this game, grant me Spellshield, Overwhelm, and Challenger. → When I’m summoned, if you’ve targeted allies in 4+ rounds this game, grant me Spellshield, Overwhelm, and Challenger.
Gameplay UX Updates
- Nexus Health Previsualization: We’ve all been there… missing lethal or passing on block because you forgot about that pesky Dreadway or a champion leveling up after committing an attack, and you forget to check the Oracle’s Eye. With Nexus Health Previsualization, you’ll see exactly how much damage you’re dealing, or how much your Nexus is taking before it’s too late. The indicator will get a bit more emphatic if incoming damage is lethal.
- Unit Destruction Previsualization: Just like with Nexus health, it’s easy to lose track of just how much damage a unit is taking, especially when you’re facing a 5-spell stack and Tough / Formidable units on the board. This update makes it so units will now display cracks when they’re facing lethal damage during an interaction.
- Updated the loading screen for encounters in The Path of Champions.
- Revised an inaccurate description of Yuumi’s Level 2 ability - no functionality has changed. Previously, the description implied that she would gain +2|+2 on level-up; her level 2 stats, as well as the bonus, rather than the intended +1|+1 from the level up increasing her base stats.
- Fixed a few crashes related to reconnecting, tutorials, and spell swapping.
- Pantheon can now complete the Call of Destiny and Cuddle Buddies challenges.
- Updated text descriptions for some cards to remove typos, fix translations, and better align cards with game mechanics.
- Fixed several UI, UX, and general visual bugs to improve game clarity and player experience.
- Dates have been corrected in the Tournament tab for A Curious Journey’s Seasonal Tournament - the correct dates are May 14 (Open Rounds) and May 21 (Playoffs).
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Legends of Runeterra section for the latest news, guides, updates, esports coverage, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games.