The Legends of Runeterra dev team continues to take fan feedback into account when balancing the game and has decided to buff two underused Shurima Champions as a result -- Taliyah and Malphite.
According to the balance team, both Champions have been underperforming, with decks revolving around the pair not "meeting standards."
For Taliyah, it's a simple matter of receiving a bump in health and power, as for Malphite, its level-up requirements have been eased up, making it a more reliable Champion.
- Read more: Legends of Runeterra Dark Horizon event pass: All rewards and tiers, end date, price, more
Legends of Runeterra v2.9.0 patch notes
(Picture: Riot Games)
- Level 1: 2|4 → 3|5.
- Level 2: 3|5 → 4|6.
Malphite (Level 1)
- You’ve summoned 12+ mana of landmarks. → You’ve summoned 10+ mana of landmarks.
Followers and Spells
- COST: 4 → 5.
- BASE STATS: 3|3 → 4|3.
- COST: 5 → 6.
- BASE STATS: 4|6 > 4|5
Patch 2.9.0 brings new champions, powers, and more to Lab of Legends!
- New Starting Champions Added: Irelia, Zilean, Malphite, Lissandra, and Fizz have been added to the starting champion roster. Get a Malphite card back for completing a run with each of them!
- New Support Champions Added: Sejuani, Leona, Yasuo, and Viktor have been added as draftable champions during a run.
- More Powers!: 18 new Powers have been added - 10 Common, 5 Rare, and 3 Epic.
- Taliyah Rocks Now (Hopefully): Taliyah’s deck has been updated.
We’re making a few changes to Duo Queue: Shared Spoils as well:
- More Deck Consistency: Players can now bring 0-2 decks with them rather than 0-3, so they'll always see any decks they bring as options.
- Queue Up: Players will be given a chance to add their teammate as a friend if they're solo queueing.