Despite releasing yesterday, Marvel’s Avengers is already in need of an update. Square Enix’s latest patch comes with a series of bug fixes and changes to the game that should help improve user experience.
(Picture: Square Enix)
Sadly, the update doesn’t tackle the major bug that is deleting player skins, but it does add a backup save to player’s progress every hour. Should a game become corrupted, PlayStation users will now be able to revert to their backups, though whether Xbox and PC already had this feature is unclear as they’re not mentioned.
The PlayStation version also saw network improvements to affect overall gameplay, whereas Xbox fixed issues with Exotic Artifact Abilities. The Xbox also got various UI improvements in the update, and the bugs seen on young Kamala and Thor’s character models should now be fixed.
PC players should see less crashes when using Alt-Tab to minimise the game, and Steam Cloud will now allow for synchronising saves between different devices. The full list of patch notes revealed so far can be found below:
Marvel's Avengers patch notes
- Backup Save: Available in the Settings menu, this feature backs up your save files. Your progress will be saved every hour. If you run into any issues with a corrupted save file, this can potentially help retrieve and revert to a different save file. Please note: This may not work for everyone, and will not address issues with save files that existed prior to this patch
- Fixed an issue where the Square Enix Members interface would appear too frequently.
- Network improvements
- Last Avenger Standing now works as desired when characters switch out.
- Various UI Improvements
- Save Game optimizations
- Fixed issues with Exotic Artifact abilities
- Addressed character model bugs with young Kamala and Thor
PC Build 12.9
- Implemented workaround for NVIDIA 10-series driver problem that was causing crashes when using ALT-TAB, ALT-ENTER, and other situations.
- Enabling Steam Cloud to allow you to easily synchronize your save-games between multiple PCs.
- Fixed a problem that caused some players to be unable to throw rocks as Hulk or to shoot as Iron Man.
- Fix for a DEVICE_HUNG crash some users experienced in the sewers.
- Various other stability improvements.
Although this patch might not bring the fixes players were hoping for, it’s a good step in the right direction. As it stands, Marvel’s Avengers needs a little bit of fixing to be perfect, so we hope Square Enix keeps listening to player feedback.