If you are a cat lover and want to tame and breed them, you can follow the guide and steps mentioned below.
How to Tame a Cat in Minecraft
In order to tame a cat, you need to find a cat and collect Raw Salmon or Raw Cod. Cats can normally be found in villages having a villager and four beds. Here's what to do once you find a cat:
- Place fences around the cat to stop it from escaping.
- Take Raw Cod or Raw Salmon in your hand and slowly approach the cat.
- Feed the cat, and you will see grey smoke appearing which means that the taming process has started.
- Keep feeding Raw Salmon or Raw Cod until the smoke disappears and red hearts appear on the cat.
- Congratulations! you have successfully tamed a cat.
The number of fishes required is different for different cats and species, so you should collect a lot of them.
The cat will follow you around in Minecraft, and if you lose track, it will respawn. In addition to this, it might give you various items like string, raw chicken and more from time to time.
How to Breed Cats in Minecraft
After you have mastered the art of taming, you can breed cats in Minecraft and go all crazy. Breeding Cats in Minecraft works similarly to taming. To breed cats, all you need to do is feed them either Raw Cod or Raw Salmon. Once you have two tamed Cats in the same vicinity as each other, have them stand up and feed them the fish until hearts start to appear over them.
- How to play Minecraft without internet connection - New launcher issue fix
- Is Minecraft cross-platform / crossplay
- Minecraft - How to cure a zombie villager
- Minecraft - How to tame and breed Axolotls
If you don’t see any hearts, that means they are low on health, and the fish healed them. Cats will only breed when their health is full. So, make sure to feed them until they have hearts floating above them. Once that appears, have them walk towards each other and a baby Kitten will spawn. Baby kittens will always carry the color scheme of one of the parents and will automatically be tamed to you.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Minecraft section, featuring all the news, guides, and more.
Featured image via Mojang.