Epic Seven just finished their "Here's The Thing" Patch preview with Mashuu, and tons of upcoming content has just been revealed. From as early as September 29 all the way through October, new characters, new skins, and new stories are coming our way!
If you missed the live stream, worry not because we'll be breaking down everything that was covered while also going into detail about whether the new units will be meta-viable or not.
Also, make sure to pick up your free gift box using the stream code: "astromancer."
Epic Seven October 2022 Update
First up, we have Episode 4, Chapter 9, "Wicked Land," being released. This is the penultimate chapter for this year's story, meaning we are steadily approaching the halfway mark for Epic Seven's stated "ten-year plan."
- Epic Seven Redeem Codes September 2022 - Get Free Leif, Gold, Boxes And More
- Clash of Clans Redeem Codes September 2022 - Free Gems
- State of Survival Gift Codes September 2022 - Free Biocaps, Speedups
- Slither.io Redeem Codes September 2022 - Free Skins, Wings, Wigs
When the game was first released, the developers claimed that they wanted to keep the game running for at least ten years, and they've been doing a stellar job so far.
The new character Lua has just been revealed as a Five-Star Ice Ranger. Many fans speculated she would be this year's story-limited Five-Star, but it has now been confirmed that she will be added to the general pool after her rate-up (meaning Arunka is likely to be this year's limited).
Lua has a very high base speed (120), making her great as an opener or turn two follow-up depending on your rank. Her skills are as follows:
- Skill 1 - Folding Fan: Attacks the enemy with a fan, with an up to 50% chance to decrease Defense for 2 turns.
- Skill 2 - Butterfly Reverie: Attacks the enemy with light, dispelling two buffs before putting them to sleep for 1 turn. Grants an extra turn to the caster.
- Skill 3 - Sweet Talk: Dispels one buff from all enemies before increasing skill cooldowns by 1 turn and inflicting Beguile (deals additional damage to all enemies at the end of the target's turn). Increases Speed of all allies for 2 turns.
Overall, Lua seems to have a fairly well-rounded kit, and with enough speed, could be a terror in the new RTA season.
However, the real prize for summoning on Lua's banner is her accompanying Artifact - Spatiotemporal Fan.
This Artifact increases Effectiveness by 20% and has an up to 100% chance to grant stealth to the ally except for the caster with the highest Attack for 2 turns. Already, this Artifact is being heralded as meta-defining, with it being considered best-in-slot for many Heroes already (like Flan).
Lua will be available from October 6-October 20
The newest Moonlight Hero will be Five-Star Light Ranger, Astromancer Elena. While many fans thought this would be the introduction of the first Effect Resistance-scaling damage-dealing Soul Weaver, we instead received a powerful damage-dealing Ranger.
Check out a full overview of Astromancer Elena's kit below:
- Skill 1 - Melody of Damnation: Attacks the enemy dealing more damage if the target has a debuff.
- Skill 2 - Disciple of the Stars: After an ally, except for the caster attacks, when the target is unable to counterattack, increases Combat Readiness of all allies by 15%.
- Skill 3 - Enraged Star's Retribution: Attacks all enemies with the energy of the enraged star, decreasing buff durations by 1 turn before restricting and making them unable to counterattack for 2 turns. When using this skill, Hit Chance increases by 35%, and it does not trigger a counterattack.
The main draw for summoning Astromancer Elena is her powerful ability to negate counterattacks. In a world of Belians, Violets, Rems, and Apocalypse Ravis, having a unit that can shut down some of the most meta-defining Heroes out there is nothing to sniff at.
That being said, Astromancer Elena does not have the highest base speed (115), and she will struggle to take turn one. Furthermore, debuff units, in general, aren't so great at the moment, thanks to the wide array of powerful cleansers. Mediator Kawerik and Designer Lilibet completely shut down anything Astromancer Elena might try to do.
Only time will tell whether or not Astromancer Elena finds a spot in the meta, but if you love her design, there is no shame in summoning her. Waifu > meta.
Astromancer Elena will be available from October 13-November 3 (alongside Wanderer Silk)
The Conquest RTA season is about to end (October 15), and those who reached Master rank or higher will be able to receive the brand-new Apocalypse Ravi skin - Apocalypse Ravi: Avatar of Bloodlust.
This is one of the best-designed skins we have seen in some time, with Ravi fully embracing her "gyaru" tendencies with that tan. If you aren't already in Master, make sure you put in the time to acquire this skin.
The E7WC Champion Ring will be distributed to all players with the highest gear substats ever to be seen in Epic Seven.
The gear is an Attack% Ring, with:
- 9% Health
- 6% Critical Hit Chance
- 8% Critical Hit Damage
- 5 Speed
All of these substats are 1% over the usual cap, so make sure to pick up this ring in the future.
And that's all. For related game content, check out our section dedicated to mobile game news, guides, tips, leaks, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Smilegate.