Taz is one of two Looney Tunes characters within MultiVersus, both of which are fairly popular picks already due to their unique and powerful movesets. Unlike Bugs Bunny though, Taz is a character that is easy to pick up and has a ton of potential to toss enemies out of the fight.
Since the early access beta period, the Tasmanian Devil has already been tuned a bit to balance out his power. The tornado ability that he has, also known as the Taz-nado, can deal some massive damage with almost no consequences. Utilizing the right perks and combos only makes the Tasmanian Devil even more annoying for any enemy team.
Every Taz perks in MultiVersus
Every character in MultiVersus has a set of perks that are unlocked by leveling that specific character up. They are typically split into utility, offense, and defense sections based on the stats they provide. All of the normal perks can eventually be trained for any character, and they act as passive bonuses.
- MultiVersus Tier List - All Characters Ranked Best To Worst
- All MultiVersus Trophies And Achievements - How To Unlock
- MultiVersus Crossplay And Cross-Progression - Does Gleamium Transfer?
- MultiVersus - How To Unlock All Ringout VFX Animations
Special perks on characters such as Taz are reserved for that character alone. There are only two or three per character and they can alter the way an entire move operates. All of the character-specific best Taz perks in MultiVersus are listed below.
- Tasmanian Trigonometry - Your team receives 15% increased base knockback influence.
- Hit Me If You're Able - Your team receives 15% increased base knockback influence.
- Percussive Punch Power - Your team deals 5% increased damage with attacks that knock back enemies horizontally.
- Snowball Effect - Your team deals 7% increased damage against the fighter with the highest damage.
- That's (Not) All, Folks! - Ringing out enemies while near the blast zone pushes the attacker back towards the center of the map.
- Absorb 'n' Go - Your team receives a 7% ability cooldown refund after being knocked back by a Projectile.
- School Me Once... - Your team receives a Projectile block buff for 2 seconds after being knocked back by a Projectile.
- Iron Stomach - After Taz eats a Projectile, he will burp an anvil item instead of the Projectile he ate.
- I Gotta Get In There! - Taz's allies can jump into his dogpile, giving it more damage, more knockback, longer duration, and Armor.
Perks are only one part of the equation though. To truly succeed as Taz in MultiVersus, you will need to know the key moves and specials that the Tasmanian Devil can utilize for victory.
All Taz attacks and specials in MultiVersus
Every character in MultiVersus has an extensive list of moves that are considered normal attacks and specials. They can either be done from neutral, in the air, or while moving to get different effects. Everything you need to know about Taz and his moves is listed below.
- Soup's On! - Taz guzzles a pot of soup while Armored, charging a spit Projectile. The spit can be aimed up and down and deals Tasty.
- Well-Seasoned - A combo of salt and pepper seasoning that deals Tasty before transitioning into a tornado spin.
- Slam-wich - Taz charges then slams together a sandwich overhead, dealing Tasty. Taz can move while charging.
- Stomp Stomp Stomp! - Taz charges a stomp that breaks Armor. The stomp hits further with a longer charge.
- Soup-er Spinner - Similar to ground, but Taz spins as he spews, hitting enemies backward.
- Feed the Beast - Taz charges a forward bite.
- Flying Slam-wich - Similar to Ground-Up without charge.
- Sunder Down Under - Taz spins his legs into a tornado and drills downward, breaking Armor.
- Chew em Up, Spit em Out - Taz gulps up enemies, Disabling them. He can also eat Projectiles, destroying them, and powering up his Down Special. Hold input to keep Taz's mouth open and gulp incoming Projectiles. Repeatedly press down or neutral input to chew enemies, dealing damage. Press up, forward, or back input to spit out enemies. Enemies that have been eaten can Struggle.
- Taz-nado - Taz spins forward into a tornado, hitting enemies multiple times. If Taz passes an ally, his tornado's duration is increased. Passing an ally gives them Hasten briefly.
- Dogpile! Dogpile! - Taz starts a dogpile Projectile that gradually grows in size. The dogpile hits multiple times after an enemy enters, ending with a powerful finish. On cooldown, Taz will instead jump up and swipe twice.
- You Spit What You Eat - Taz burps a chewed apple Projectile that deals a small amount of Tasty. If Taz has eaten a Projectile with his Neutral Special, he will instead burp out that Projectile, dealing a large amount of Tasty.
- Eating on the Fly - Similar to ground, though Taz can spit enemies down but can't chew on them.
- Bottomless Pit - Some of Taz's attacks deal Tasty. Tasty enemies receive stacks of Tasty whenever they are knocked back.
- When Tasty reaches max stacks, the enemy becomes Cooked and can't attack. When a Cooked enemy takes damage, bits of chicken break off that will heal Taz or his allies if picked up.
- Taz will also lick damaged allies he passes and heal them slightly. Licking an ally has a cooldown.
In essence, all you need to focus on for the Tasmanian Devil is the Taz-nado and the Tasty passive buildup which can allow for more crowd control and healing. Taz himself is only 1,500 coins and can be earned easily, so get out there and start twisting through other players in MultiVersus.
And that's all. For more related game content, check out our section dedicated to MultiVersus news, guides, updates, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of WB Games.