The Overwatch League has reached its conclusion for the remainder of 2020, but that's not stopping Contenders, the tier 2 scene, from continuing competing until the end of the year.
As Blizzard has regularly done with OWL, adding incentives to viewers like Tokens and special skins, they are now offering those loyal Overwatch Contenders fans the possibility to add to their collection up to three different skins -- Mercy, Symmetra, and Genji.
These skins are the official Contenders cosmetics, which teams use during broadcasts, with players receiving both the home and away versions of them for the aforementioned heroes.
- Read more: Overwatch League Season 4 rumoured to start in April, could feature Tier 2 teams and crowds
So, how does one get these skins? We'll tell you everything you need to know down below.
How to get Overwatch Contenders skins
First off, everyone that logs in to Overwatch on any platform will be awarded the Contenders Genji skin and a special Overwatch Contenders icon. Yes, just like that!
For the Symmetra and Mercy skins, however, you are required to tune in to the official Overwatch Contenders broadcast via the official website for a set amount of hours.
- Watch 7 hours to earn the Contenders Symmetra skin
- Watch 15 hours to earn the Contenders Mercy skin
Do you want to make sure you are logged in to receive the rewards? Follow these steps and you'll be good to go.
- Create or log in to your Blizzard account on overwatchcontenders.com.
- View a live stream of a match druring the promotion period.
If you're a console player, you are required to link your Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo accounts. Here's how to do so.
To link your console and Blizzard accounts, log in to your Connections in your Account Management page and click the Connect button next to the console you want to link. This will send you to your console's website.
To link from in-game in Overwatch:
- In Options, select the Link Accounts tab
- Click Link Account (this opens a browser)
- Log in with your Blizzard account
- Accept the permissions to the Blizzard app and click Continue to complete the connection
For more on Overwatch, check out all the new Halloween Terror skins for you to collect.