Starting on October 5, the Pokémon GO Evolving Stars event brings some new Evolving Collection Challenges and a handful of new Field Research tasks to complete along the way. These tasks always bring opportunities for some event-based rewards if Trainers are willing to put in some extra work and miles.
However, many of these tasks are randomized and the same sentiment remains true during the Evolving Stars event. As you spin some PokéStops over the next week or so, you'll need to know what Field Research Tasks lead to the right rewards. Our guide will go over everything you'll find.
All Field Research Tasks & Rewards in Pokémon GO Evolving Stars
Most of the events in Pokémon GO will feature a new line of Special Research or Limited Research. This time though, the Evolving Stars event really only features some new Field Research tasks rather than a set list of objectives. You can always go after the Collection Challenge, but that's separate.
- Can Mega Gyarados Be Shiny In Pokémon GO?
- Pokémon GO Master League Premier Classic – Best Picks
- Pokemon GO Battle Day Guzma – Tasks & Rewards
- All Shiny Pokémon Featuring In Pokémon GO Evolving Stars Event
Anytime you spin a PokéStop during an event, you can get one of a handful of Field research tasks that are randomized. Some have easy tasks and less lucrative rewards, while others can provide plenty of Mega Energy for Pokémon like Gyarados.
Below you can find all of the Evolving Stars Field Research tasks and their rewards in Pokémon GO.
Evolving Stars Field Research Tasks:
- Evolve 3 Eevee - 20 Eevee Candy
- Evolve 1 Pokémon - 500 Stardust
- Evolve 3 Pokémon - 2,000 Stardust
- Power up Pokémon 5 times - 25 Aerodactyl Mega Energy, or 25 Ampharos Mega Energy, or 25 Kangaskhan Mega Energy, or 25 Steelix Mega Energy
- Power up Pokémon 7 times - 25 Gyarados Mega Energy or 25 Altaria Mega Energy
- Spin 10 PokéStops or Gyms - 1 Metal Coat
- Spin 20 PokéStops or Gyms - 1 Unova Stone
Some of the most important research rewards are the Mega Energy rewards that you see above. Keep in mind that they will usually be given out at random when you complete the corresponding Field Research task, but there is still a chance to get multiple. You'll also need the Eevee candy for the Evolving Collection Challenge.
If you spin a PokéStop and don't get the research you want, simply drop it and move on to a new stop for the time being. Of course, the more stops you have near you during the Pokémon GO Evolving Stars event, the better.
For all the awesome content, check out our section dedicated to Pokémon news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Niantic / The Pokémon Company.