Stunlock Studios have released yet another major update to their popular survival game V Rising. Their 24 October version 0.5.4 patch notes bring a slew of gameplay improvements and changes to the free-to-play Bloodfeast Halloween Event, starting 28 October through 1 November 2022 as part of the V Rising Free Weekend.
In addition to weapon and spell balance changes, there is also new Halloween DLC content for players to enjoy. In particular, the V Rising Haunted Nights Castle Pack DLC is redeemable for free and includes three new Journal Quests: "Lord of Shadows," "Expanding My Domain," and "The First Book in the Library," through which V Rising players can unlock several exclusive rewards.
V Rising 0.5.4 Halloween Update: Bloodfeast Patch Notes
This latest V Rising version 0.5.4 update will release on 24 October 2022 at 10:00 CEST | 08:00 UTC and comprises an assortment of gameplay experience improvements, features, and content additions. We've indicated all the changes per the official Steam blog post below.
- The Servant Resurrection timer has been increased to 10 minutes from 15 seconds (Primarily to tackle PvP scenarios where the short resurrection timer could be abused).
- We have rebalanced how Siege Golem health is calculated and have updated the Siege Golem health settings. By default, Siege Golems will have 250% more health (represented as shield value) than before. The Golem's health also scales based on the player's current health to a minimum of 50% of the total health (should the player transforming have less than 50% health, the Golem’s shield value will be reduced accordingly).
- The default time-slot setting for when PvP raiding is active has been reduced to 18:00-22:00 local server time from 17:00-23:00.
- The maximum height travel for Mist Trance has been reduced; this fixes an issue where players could reach unwanted heights using this ability.
- The mirror visuals of the Gothic Mirror and Cabal Mirror have been updated.
- Chandeliers and other rotating buildable objects no longer flicker when “temporal anti-aliasing” and “motion blur” is active.
- The chat message “We are experiencing technical issues on some hardware setups…” every 90 minutes, prompting users to restart their game, has been removed periodically.
- Old saves arE automatically backed up when loaded in a new game version. The backed-up save is placed in
<Save Directory>\.BACKUP\<Old Game Version>\AutoSave_X.save
- Added rocks north of the Farbane Bear Cave so that players in the future cannot build in such a way that it blocks the cave exit, trapping players. We also added a new route to take if an actual castle blocks the normal path.
- We fixed a glitch in the Silverlight Silver Mines that allowed players to jump into the mountain.
- We fixed a bug where some world teleporters could stop working for new players.
New Game Presets
Stunlock Studios has introduced two new Game Presets: Mad Hunt (on both PvP and PvE). These enable three new server settings, including the option to shuffle V Blood locations, Blood Tech, and abilities.
It's worth noting that server hosts can only enable these Shuffle settings upon starting a new server; as a result, the settings cannot be modified or turned off during a live session. You can read more about each of these in the official patch notes.
Haunted Nights Castle DLC
As mentioned earlier, V Rising players can redeem the Haunted Nights Castle Pack DLC for free via the DLC section of the V Rising Steam store page. The DLC includes three new Journal Quests, each offering rewards upon completion.
The first Journal Quest is "Lord of Shadows," which unlocks the Haunted Nights Coffin (Skin variation of Wooden Coffin) and Haunted Nights Stash (Skin variation of Wooden Stash). The second Journal Quest is "Expanding My Domain," and unlocks the Haunted Nights Standing Mirror.
Lastly, the "The First Book in the Library" Journal Quest in V Rising will unlock the following list of items:
- Haunted Nights Carpets
- Haunted Nights Stained Glass (Window)
- Haunted Nights Wall Decor (2x Wallpapers)
- Haunted Nights Web Drapes (Wall / Window Wall / Pillar attachments)
- Haunted Nights Gourd Lantern (Pillar attachment Light)
- Haunted Nights Floating Gourd (Flying Light)
- Haunted Nights Lanterns (4x Standing Lights)
V Rising 0.5.4 Bloodfeast Halloween Update Balance Changes
There are loads of balance changes to weapons and spells in V Rising update 0.5.4 on 24 October. We've copied them below per the patch notes. The first section includes a list of all the Weapon balance changes.
- Cast time increased to 0.35s from 0.3s.
- Hitbox radius reduced to 4 from 4.2.
- Range reduced to 8 from 10.
- Spinning Strike
- Damage per hit increased to 35% from 30%.
- Howling Reaper
- Duration reduced to 2.2s from 2.5s.
- Total area damage reduced from ~180/200% (this could vary depending on range before) to 160% (note that the initial projectile hit still deals 50% damage).
- A Thousand Spears
- Reduced spear channel duration to 1.1s from 1.35s (effectively reduces the time a unit is stunned by the attack by 0.25s).
- Damage per hit reduced to 20% from 25% (from a total of 200% damage to 160%).
- The attack now hits all enemies in the area rather than only one.
These changes reduce the damage and stun duration for single-target attacks but make the spear overall stronger when hitting several targets (primarily affecting PvE).
- Incapacitate duration reduced to 2s from 2.5s.
The next section includes a list of all the Spell balance changes in V Rising patch 0.5.4 on 24 October 2022.
- Hit Collider increased (now has the same hitbox as Merciless Charge and Heart Strike).
- Freeze duration on vampire targets reduced to 2s from 3s.
- The shield component of Freeze has been changed from a static 5 health shield to a spell-power-based shield. Freeze now shields the target for 50% of the owner Spell-Power resulting in a shield that scales from ~5 - 20.
- Shields now properly use the owner's spell power when calculating the power of a shield that is applied rather than using the target's shield power.
- Duration reduced to 3s from 4s.
- Reduced duration to 3s from 4s.
- Increased damage per second to 200% from 150%.
- Increased healing per second to 150% from 100%.
- Radius increased to 3.2 from 2.8.
- Increased movement speed to 4.8 from 4.5.
- Reduces cast time for self-detonate to 1s. from 1.2s.
- Detonation damage increased to 120% from 100%.
- Bounce damage reduction per hit reduced to 85% from 75% (effectively increases the damage overall from hitting multiple targets).
- Damage increased to 140% from 125%.
- Spectral Assassin attack cast time reduced to 0.9s from 1s.
Chaos Burn Effect
- Reduced to 5 ticks from 7 (reduces damage to 50% from 70%).
Veil of Chaos
- Knockback tier reduced from illusion detonation to no longer affect vampire players.
- Cooldown reduced to 10s from 12s.
- Damage increased to 125% from 100%.
- Damage increased to 75% from 70%.
- Fixed an issue where Void would consume Chaos Burn if it was active on a target.
That's everything in the latest V Rising version 0.5.4 patch notes (Halloween Update: Bloodfeast).
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to V Rising news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Stunlock Studios.