Valheim is a difficult survival title, with challenging boss fights and requires a whole lot of time from the player. If you just want to mess about in Valheim via singleplayer and not die, then you might need some cheats. Developer Iron Gate AB has built cheat codes into Valheim, and we've got you covered with how to enable them, and a full list of codes available.
Valheim cheats: How to enable
First up, it is important to note Valheim cheats only work in singleplayer. This means you cannot gain an advantage over others in multiplayer, which is great.
Enabling Valheim cheats is an easy process, and turning them off again is just as simple.
(Picture: Iron Gate AB)
Follow the steps below to enable Valheim cheats:
- Launch Valheim.
- Start a singleplayer game.
- Press "F5" to open the command console.
- Type "iamcheater" in the command console.
You can disable Valheim cheats by typing imacheater and pressing enter in the console.
All Valheim cheat codes
With Valheim cheats now enabled, you need some codes. Valheim cheat codes range from god mode (you can't die) to taming all animals close to you, or killing all enemies, as just a few examples.
(Picture: Iron Gate AB)
Check out the full list of all Valheim cheat codes below:
- god - Enables god mode & 1-hit kills
- ghost - Enemies ignore you
freefly - Activates the free camera.
ffsmooth 1 - Adds smooth movements to free camera.
ffsmooth 0 - Resets smooth movements to normal.
- killall - Kills all nearby enemies.
- heal - Full health
- puke - Reset hunger and default health and stamina
- hair - Remove your character's hair
- beard - Remove your character's beard
tame - Tames all nearby creatures.
exploremap - Reveals the entire map.
resetmap - Hides entire map.
pos - Shows player coordinates.
goto [x,z] Teleports player to the specified coordinates.
location - Sets spawn location.
- event [name] - Starts the named event.
stopevent - Stops the current event.
randomevent - Starts a random event.
- raiseskill [skill] [amount] - Raises the named skill by the value entered.
resetcharacter - Resets all of your character data.
dpsdebug - Toggles dps debug print on and off.
save - Forces the game to save the current world state.
- spawn [item] [quantity] [level] - Spawn the specified item
- sleep - Skip forward one day
- skiptime [nr] - Skip forward the specified number of seconds
players [nr] - Adjusts the difficulty scale. Enter 0 to reset difficulty.
removedrops - Removes all items dropped in the area.
- wind [angle][intensity] - Adjusts the direction and intensity of the wind.
resetwind - Resets the wind angle and intensity
So there you have it, the full Valheim cheat codes list. At the time of writing, it is unclear how cheating in the game will affect your save file but you probably won't be able to join multiplayer games with a character you've cheated on.
Valheim is best played without cheats, obviously. Remember, Odin might be watching you...