Exoprimal, Capcom's riff on the team-based action-shooter genre, will invite players to a Closed Beta in the coming months as the developers are looking to fine-tune certain aspects of the experience, mainly by testing the servers for online play.
Plenty of information was revealed during the 13th June Capcom Showcase, where Exoprimal featured prominently, with an extensive look at gameplay, modes, and the aforementioned Closed Beta testing period announcement.
If you're interested in trying out Exoprimal before it releases at some point during 2023, let's walk you through the sign-up process for the Closed Beta.
Exoprimal Closed Network Test - How to register
Players interested in trying out the Exoprimal Closed Beta have until 30th June to register. The process is really simple:
- Head to the Exoprimal Network Test official website.
- Click on the "Begin the Closed Network Test Entry Submission Process."
- This will open up a pop-up window where you'll have to enter your Capcom ID. If you don't have one, you'll have to create one.
- Once you create your Capcom ID, you'll be sent back to the Exoprimal Network Test page.
- Link your Capcom ID with your Steam account.
- Click on "Begin Submission Process" to continue.
Now, there are some caveats you'll need to know about. First off, the Exoprimal Closed Beta will be divided into three sessions. At the moment, only users from the United States and Canada can register for the first session.
Sessions 2 and 3 will take place on a global scale and any player will be able to register to take part in them.
Exoprimal Closed Network Test - Schedule
The Exoprimal Closed Beta will take place on the following dates:
- Session 1 (United States/Canada) - 11th July 0:00 - 2:59 (UTC).
- Session 2 (Global) - 25th July 0:00 - 5:59 (UTC).
- Session 3 (Global) - 7th August 0:00 - 23:59 (UTC).
According to Capcom, each session will be focused on a specific aspect of Exoprimal they aim to get feedback on.
- Session 1: To test the basic functions of the game in a restricted region and time window.
- Session 2: To test the basic functions of the game on a global scale within a restricted time window.
- Session 3: To test the basic functions of the game on a global scale over a 24 hour period.
While the full release of Exoprimal will see the game launch on consoles (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X), the beta will only be available for PC players via Steam.
- Is there a Street Fighter 6 demo?
- How old is Chun-Li in Street Fighter 6?
- Street Fighter 6 to feature crossplay and rollback netcode
- Guile Street Fighter 6 gameplay revealed at Summer Game Fest
If you manage to get access to the Closed Beta, Capcom will send out a survey after it ends that you can fill to give them feedback.
For more on Exoprimal and other team-based action shooters, check out our dedicated section filled with guides, tier lists, and more
Featured image courtesy of Capcom.