Nintendo has unleashed Mario Strikers: Battle League on 10th June 2022, well over a decade since the first game was released on the Gamecube back in 2005. If you are hopping into the latest entry into this video games franchise on the Nintendo Switch, you might want to know who all the playable characters in Mario Strikers: Battle League are.
In this guide, we outline all the playable Mario Strikers: Battle League characters and their respective Hyper Strike abilities so you can hit the ground running.
Mario Strikers: Battle League characters & Hyper Strikes
Mario Strikers: Battle League, for those who don't know, is like an extreme version of soccer (or football if you will) featuring 4v4 competition, and iconic characters from the Mushroom Kingdom.
- TMNT Shredder's Revenge - Release Date, Platforms, Cost, More
- The Last of Us Remake announced- Release date, price, platforms, more
- All confirmed characters in Disney Speedstorm
- Guile Street Fighter 6 gameplay revealed at Summer Game Fest
While there will be more characters coming to Mario Strikers: Battle League via DLC as confirmed by Nintendo, the game launched with only 10 playable characters.
Each character in Mario Strikers: Battle League has its own stats and importantly, a unique ability called Hyper Strike.
In the list below, you can find all the Mario Strikers: Battle League characters and their Hyper Strikes, so you know which one is best suited for your playstyle.
- Mario Hyper Strike - Fire Cyclone: "Mario performs a fiery bicycle kick to launch the ball at the goal. Any opponents in the path of the ball will be burned."
- Wario Hyper Strike - Electric Ricochet: "Wario jumps into the air and then lands with his tush on the ball, which shoots it away with an electric surge. The ball then bounces around the field zigzag style before heading to the goal. Any opponent in the ball's path is electrified and stunned for a short time."
- Luigi Hyper Strike - Spin Tornado: "Luigi's powerful kick creates a spinning gale that sucks in any player in its path. Those it touches are stunned temporarily."
- Toad Hyper Strike - Drill Smash: "Toad headbutts the ball so hard that it burrows underground and then shoots out at the goal. Anyone hit by the traveling ball is stunned and cannot move for a while."
- Princess Peach Hyper Strike - Dance of Hearts: "Peach's kick launches the ball into a heart-shaped arch before it heads to the goal. Anyone it touches is charmed and remains stunned for a short time."
- Donkey Kong Hyper Strike - Banana Blast: "Donkey Kong eats a banana and then hits the ball in such a way that it travels in a banana shape before reaching the goal. Any opponents hit by the ball are pushed backward."
- Bowser Hyper Strike - Flame Cannon: "The Koopa King picks up the ball and lights it on fire before launching it at the goal. Anyone hit by the fiery ball will get burned and will run around the field for a short time."
- Yoshi Hyper Strike - Egg Stomp: "Yoshi turns the ball into a huge egg by swallowing it. He then slams down on it causing it to bounce around the field as it heads to the goal. Anyone hit by the traveling egg is stunned for a short time."
- Waluigi Hyper Strike - Thorn Barrier: "Waluigi's powerful kick launches the ball straight at the goal and leaves a trail of thorns in its wake. This move can sometimes bind the goalie, Boom Boom, in thorns making him unable to move for a short time."
- Rosalina Hyper Strike - Orbital Burst: "Rosalina literally kicks the ball into space and it returns to the field iced over before heading to the goal. Anyone who gets in the icy ball's way gets slowed down."
Descriptions of the Hyper Strikes for all Mario Strikers: Battle League characters via iMore's excellent tier list.
Technically, there are 11 characters in Mario Strikers: Battle League, but the 11th one is Boom Boom, an AI-controller goalkeeper, which does not feature a Hyper Strike.
In case you've been living under a mushroom or inside one of those big green pipes, check out the Mario Strikers: Battle League trailer below to learn more about the game.
So there you have it, all the playable characters in Mario Strikers: Battle League and which Hyper Strike abilities they possess.
For more general gaming content, check out our section dedicated to video game guides, news, leaks, features, opinions, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Nintendo.
All Mario Strikers Battle League Characters And Hyper Strikes FAQ
How many playable characters does Mario Strikers Battle League feature?
There are a total of 10 playable characters at the launch of Mario Strikers: Battle League