In recent weeks, Wild Rift has become a huge international phenomenon with the launch of its beta in different parts of the world, so it is not surprising that many want to learn about the best champions to take in any role. The jungle is one of the most versatile and active areas of the Rift, allowing you to be very useful throughout the game by having good rotations and learning to ambush, so it is important that you know how to handle its greatest exponents.
In this guide, you will learn all about one of the most explosive champions with lots of burst damage, thanks to her metamorfosis to an unstoppable creature that can demolish every obstacle in front of it. Introducing Shyvana, the Half-Dragon.
Shyvana's active and passive abilities
Thanks to her passive, Fury of the Dragonborn, Shyvana can deal additional damage to dragons and gain armour and magic resistance, as she and her allies kill more drakes during the game.
(Picture: Riot Games)
Let's move on to her active skills:
Shyvana will attack twice on her next attack. Basic Attacks will reduce Twin Bite's cooldown by 0.5 seconds. When she is in her Dragon Form, Twin Bite will attack all units in front of her.
Shyvana surrounds herself with fire, dealing magic damage per second to nearby enemies, as well as moving faster for 3 seconds. Some of this damage will be applied again when Shyvana uses her basic attacks against an enemy with Burnout.
Movement speed is reduced for the duration of the spell. Basic attacks increase its duration. When she is in her Dragon Form, Burnout increases in size.
Shyvana launches a fireball, dealing damage to all enemies it encounters, leaving ash to mark them for 5 seconds. Shyvana's basic attacks against marked targets deal a percentage of maximum health as damage on hit.
When she is in her Dragon Form, Flame Breath will explode on impact or at the target location, dealing bonus damage and scorching the ground for a short period of time.
Ultimate - Dragon's Descent:
Shyvana transforms into a dragon and flies towards a target location.
All enemies she encounters will take damage and will be knocked back. Shyvana passively gains Fury and 2 Fury with each basic attack.
Runes and spells recommended for Shyvana
Thanks to Shyvana's two facets of power, her repertoire can reach great range and a perfect explosive scaling for her incredible burst damage which she can achieve with few resources.
- Conqueror: Grants bonus attack damage through stacks, for each basic attack or ability that hits the enemy.
- Brutal: Grants bonus attack damage and armour penetration.
- Hunter - Titan: Grants bonus health and tenacity with unique takedowns.
- Mastermind: Deals bonus damage to epic monsters and turrets, making her blazingly fast to take out targets.
(Picture: Riot Games)
Being exclusively a jungle, her options are more than obvious when choosing her spells:
- Flash: Allows you to have more offensive options when entering combat, in addition to serving as an escape tool.
- Smite: The Jungler's default spell. You can use its blue variation to slow down enemies and ensure kills, or its red variation in the case of going against jungles with good offence.
The best items for Shyvana
Her items will be focused to maximize her power and her burst capabilities, giving no chance to your enemies to respond against your ambushes and sieges in any situation.
- Trinity Force: Its passives increase her explosive damage, in addition to granting her additional movement speed and attack speed.
- Sterak's Gage: Its health bonus and passive shield give him a better window of time for fights, helping him stand up better and take some kills.
- Guardian Angel: Grants you a second chance thanks to its passive, allowing you to play aggressively when available.
To complement this, you can complete her item composition with two variants:
- Physical Defense: Ninja Tabi with Stasis or Guardian Enchant, with Dead Man's Plate and Sunfire Aegis.
- Magic Defense: Mercury Threads with Stasis or Guardian Enchant, with Spirit Visage and Adaptive Helm.
(Picture: Riot Games)
Now, in the specific case of Shyvana, you can choose to lean towards a composition based on ability power, so it is a good option to carry these items with you:
- Nashor’s Tooth: Attacks deal bonus magic damage, while its stats increase her ability power, ability haste, and attack speed.
Infinity Orb: Grants movement speed, magic penetration, and bonus damage against low-health targets.
- Gluttonous Greaves: Grants omnivampirism, giving you a better chance of surviving in fights. We recommend using them with Stasis enchant, to make you invulnerable with its effect when you activate his Slicing Maelstrom.
- Morellonomicon: Grants magic penetration, while also applies Grievous Wounds to enemy champions for 3 seconds when you attack them.
- Rabadon's Deathcap: Dramatically increases ability power by 40%.
- Void Staff: Similar to the previous one, increases magic penetration by 40%.
Tips for Shyvana’s playstyle
Being one of the most prominent junglers through the various seasons of the game to date, Shyvana is a melee champion who enjoys having great scaling in her offensive stats.
Her style of play is focused on exterminating her prey, thanks to her transformation that allows her to become an unstoppable dragon with abilities that drain the life of the enemy every second just by getting close to her.
This attrition allows her to be able to clear jungle camps very easily, making her more flexible when rotating to different lanes, faster than other champions, thanks to her powerful early game and her incredible explosion of damage.
It is important that before entering against other enemies or targets such as Drakes or Baron Nashor, you charge her Fury meter which will allow you to activate her dragonic metamorphosis. When you have this ready, use Dragon's Descent to launch yourself towards a target point, damaging as many units as you can.
(Picture: Riot Games)
With this ability activated, use her Burnout to instantly start damaging other enemies around you, while with her Flame Breath you can do a huge amount of damage depending on whether your ability power has benefited from your composition.
Otherwise, focus on maximizing her Twin Bite to attack and harass the enemy quickly, who thanks to her attacks and Fury stacks, they will have to spend many resources to escape your engages.
We must emphasize that even if you do not have your Ultimate ability at hand, Shyvana's usefulness in combat allows her to be present both doing poking and area damage, as well as helping to split push and efficiently clear waves of minions.
The power of the Half-Dragon will depend more on how you can handle Fury's charges from her, as well as on her ability control, so try to practice it before venturing to the Rift with this unbeatable champion.