Wild Rift received its biggest update since release when v2.0 came out earlier this month.
Introducing five Yordle champions and a score of features plus the start of Season 1 of competitive action the mobile MOBA is really shaping up into something special.
The team working on Wild Rift have previously announced that they plan to introduce balance changes every other Monday, so two a month, and v2.0a is one such update with a number of nerfs to the game's most powerful enemies top among them, Evelynn who has been dominating players in the mid lane.
Evelynn has been a must-pick for any team in the current meta. (Picture: Riot Games)
Other champions set for a nerf are Aurelion Sol, Gragas, Lee Sin, Miss Fortune, Shyvana, Wukong.
The Guardian Angel item will also no longer be the all-powerful force it once was with an increased cost and cooldown, as well as a reduction in Attack Damage.
Free-to-play Champion Rotation
- Jan 21 - Jan 27: Ahri, Amumu, Evelynn, Ezreal, Jax, Nami, Seraphine, Sona, Vayne, Wukong
- Jan 28 - Feb 3: Alistar, Braum, Fiora, Gragas, Kai’Sa, Olaf, Singed, Twisted Fate, Vayne, Yasuo
Wild Rift v2.0a patch notes
This one’s coming in hot from a recent spike to Aurelion Sol’s winrate. From the desk of balance lead, Jonathan Chao: “I don’t know how to word it. Basically he could zoom everywhere before, just not change directions. Now he can zoom everywhere and change directions. We are nerfing him so he can change directions but at a slower move speed.”
- Bugfix: Aurelion Sol no longer gains 20% movement speed when Starsurge missile is fired
(3) Comet of Legend
- Maximum passive move speed: 40% → 20%
Evelynn’s push and roam power as a mid laner is just too much. On top of that, her (1) damage is generally pretty high. Haters gonna Hate Spike.
(1) Hate Spike
- AP ratio: 0.5 → 0.45
- Mana: 25/30/35/40 → 30/35/40/45
- Damage to minions: 100% at all ranks → 35/40/45/50%
Gragas is very tanky with great sustain in lane; we’re nerfing him so he doesn’t straight up win all trades against his lane opponents.
- Health per level: 125 → 115
(P) Happy Hour
- Cooldown: 7s → 8s
(1) Barrel Roll
- Mana: 55/60/65/70 → 65/70/75/80
- Minion damage: 70% → 50%
The blind monk has been kicking up a fuss with his (1) range.
(1) Sonic Wave
- Target range: 11 → 10
- Base damage: 60/100/140/180 → 55/90/125/160
Miss Fortune is on the strong side, so we’re tuning her down a bit.
(1) Double Up
- Base damage: 30/60/90/120 → 20/50/80/110
- Attack speed: 40/60/80/100% → 30/50/70/90%
Shyvana has a lot of damage on her kit, and a lot of innate tankiness. We’re lowering some of her base stats and her elemental dragon-empowered bonuses.
- Armour: 45 → 40
(1) Twin Bite
- Slow (Mountain Dragon buff): 60% → 40%
- Base damage: 25/45/65/85 → 25/40/55/70
(Ult) Dragon’s Descent
- Dragon form bonus health (Ocean Dragon buff): 150/250/350 HP → 100/150/200 HP
Wukong’s jungle is very strong. We’re nerfing his clear speed and his element of surprise.
(2) Warrior Trickster
- Invisibility time: 1.5s → 1s
- Clone damage: 50% at all levels → 20/30/40/50%
(3) Nimbus Strike
- Attack speed bonus: 35/40/45/50% → 25/35/45/55%