Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is a massive JRPG from Monolith Soft and Nintendo. It features traditional party-based combat in which you can customize the class and attributes of your party members. There are 14 classes in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, spread across three different roles.
It can be overwhelming to decide which class to use, especially if you're new to the franchise. As a result, we've compiled a detailed guide explaining all the classes and roles in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 to help you make your decision.
All Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Roles
Every class in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 comes under the three roles; each is described below.
- Attacker - This role does high DPS and is very effective in 1v1 combat encounters.
- Defender - This role can withstand the most damage; Defenders are the party's tank. They can protect their allies by dealing slow but significant damage to enemies and are especially effective in boss battles.
- Healer - This is the support role that heals party members from afar. They can also provide buffs to party members to increase damage while debuffing enemy status effects to protect them from dying.
All Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Classes
Below are the classes for Attacker, Defender, and Healer roles in Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
- Amiibo Compatibility Guide For Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- Is Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Playable On Steam Deck?
- How Long is Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass - Price, New DLC, Rewards
- Swordfighter -The primary Attacker class with balanced close ranged abilities.
- Ogre - This is a high attack power class with a heavy hammer as a primary weapon.
- Incursor - This Attacker class deals more critical attacks. Furthermore, every critical hit increases the attack power of the wielder.
- Full Metal Jaguar - A high DPS Attacker class with twin guns as the primary weapon. Every attack increases the damage output of the successive shot.
- Stalker - The ranged Attacker class with a bow as the primary weapon.
- Yumsmith - The rogue Attacker class specializes in exploiting enemy weak points and debuffing enemy attacks.
- Zephyr - An agile class with Dual Moonblades as the primary weapon.
- Heavy Guard -The Defender class with a massive shield-type weapon to protect the entire party.
- Lone Exile - This Defender class specializes in luring and dealing quick and successive attacks on enemies.
- Guardian Commander - This Defender class deals extra damage when facing strong foes.
- Medic Gunner - A Healer class that deploys a circular, restorative field to heal companions.
- Tactician - This Healer class uses magic to heal companions and put enemies to sleep.
- War Medic - This class provides combat support by improving the abilities of other party members.
- Signifer - The Signifier Healer class enhances party members' abilities and rallies them to battle.
And that's everything you need to know about Xenoblade Chronicles 3 classes and roles.
For more on the game, check our section dedicated to Xenoblade Chronicles 3 news, guides, features, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Monolith Soft.