Now at the midway point of Apex Legends Season 12: Defiance players know to gear up for some fresh content via major game updates. It's time for another drop as the Warriors Collection Event is now live featuring tons of free and exclusive rewards.
Of course, the Warriors event will only last for a limited time, but there are some exciting new changes to enjoy from the patch. Follow along with this detailed overview of the Apex Legends Warriors Collection update patch notes featuring all fixes, changes, and content.
Warriors Collection Event content - Apex Legends Season 12
The Warriors Collection Event will be live in Apex Legends from 29th March to 12th April giving players ample opportunity to explore the new content. A new Event Tracker will allow players to keep up with their progress made and what is still required to unlock the exclusive rewards.
- Apex Legends next-gen graphics details and how to install
- Apex Legends: What are ordnance
- Apex Legends Mobile in-game support - How to find Player ID
- How to fix Apex Legends Mobile device not supported error
But the free and exclusive rewards are not the only fresh content players are buzzing about. The Warriors Collection Event also marks a major patch update bringing significant changes to the state of play.
Control is back in Apex Legends
the limited-time 9v9 mode Control is returning for two weeks with the Warriors Collection Event! This time around Caustic Treatment on Kings Canyon has been added into the mix. So, squad up, select your loadout, and fight for total control over Olympus, Storm Point, and Kings Canyon. Brought to you by Silva Pharmaceuticals.
The Caustic Treatment changes
To keep things fresh and exciting at the midpoint of Season 12, Caustic Treatment has been converted into a three-point battleground for control over Kings Canyon. Additional cover, ziplines, skydive launchers, and even a hover tank, have been added to the space.
Caustic’s Lab is a highly defensible fortress controlled by the right team and a combination of legends. However, with solid coordination, and a well-timed offensive push, defenders can easily be routed.
Lastly, in true Caustic fashion, players can now “expedite the inevitable” by using the terminal inside the lab. Interacting with the console will raise the toxin levels, resulting in a damaging trap for legends attempting to capture B.
New Arena Map: Drop Off
Sitting high above the skyline of Malta is the fully automated Hammond Manufacturing Tower that was constructed for a single purpose: the early production of critical systems for Olympus. Codenamed Drop-Off, the site is still in operation, but at night, Arenas fighters covertly commandeer the place for fierce matches under the smoggy skies.
The POIs in Drop-Off can be primarily thought of as two governing locations: Interior and Exterior. The interior is split across two POIs: Observation Deck and Deployment Line, while the exterior offers the Loading Bay.
While the edges are protected via modest railing, falling to your death is still possible, and fights out here focus on mid-to long-range sightlines, while containers moving along the deployment line act as cover against the sparsely defensible low-ground. These low-ground sections are littered with Material Canisters for players to nab, making the risk-to-reward ratio that much more enticing. So make sure to check out Drop-off when you are playing during the Warriors Collection Event.
Next-Gen updates - Apex Legends Warriors Collection
This patch is also bringing some sweet updates for Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S owners. On 29th March, the native next-gen versions of Apex Legends will be launched. Additionally, Resawn is planning support for more next-gen features in future updates.
Improvements over back-compat versions:
|4K output||PS5 & Xbox Series X|
|Full 60hz gameplay||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|HDR||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|Higher resolution shadow maps||PS5 & Xbox Series X|
|Greater LOD distances||PS5 & Xbox Series X|
Coming in future updates:
|120hz gameplay||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|Visual Improvements||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|Audio Improvements||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
Apex Legends Warriors Collection Event Patch Notes
Control Mode Updates:
- Fixed issue where players would not be able to see or select spawn points on the Spawn Menu after dying while stimmed as Octane.
- Removed the Turbo Charger from Purple Tier weapons - Players have to get their Ratings up to Gold Tier in order to get it.
- Several crash fixes to help with mode stability.
- Fixed a UI bug where Mythic ammo icon appears on non-crate weapons when auto-reloaded.
- Fix for ammo disappearing from Rampart's mobile Sheila when firing.
- Double Tap burst fire delay reduced from 0.475 to 0.375.
- Double Tap recoil improvements.
- Ammo reserves increased from 120 to 140.
Hop-Ups Spawn Rate Adjustments
- Increased spawn rate for Hammerpoint Rounds and Kinetic Feeder.
- Reduced spawn rate for Deadeye's Tempo, Shatter Caps, and Boosted Loader.
- Fixed frame jitter that could appear while spectating a match.
- Fixed issue where Precision Choke was disabled by default on Golden TripleTake.
- Fixed issue where players could leave at the start of a match without being penalized.
- Fixed hack where players were able to duel-wield weapons.
- Fixed bug where players would not receive assist credit when damaging Gibraltar's arm shield.
- Fix for bug when Crypto's animation would glitch after using a finisher while in death protection.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to perform Ash's skydive emote.
- Fixed bug where the Leaver Penalty warning would always show two minutes regardless of how many times you've disconnected.
- Fixed bug where damaging MRVN would count towards upgrading your Evo Shield.
- Fix for cases where Crypto can throw out multiple drones.
- Fix for cases where Pathfinder is able to grapple enemies indefinitely.
- Fix for cases where players are able to reset Wraith's Tactical cooldown by ending her phasing while entering an Ash's Portal.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in Bloodhound's Cyber Hunt skin.
- Arenas: Fix for a bug where music could cut off at the start of a match in Habitat 4.
- Arenas: Fix for visual bug where Legend abilities would stay onscreen during a match.
- Various fixes to charging systems in weapons to work more consistently and by design.
- Fix for cases where players could remove bullet spread when using ziplines.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in reactive weapons after activating.
- Fix for cases where Wattson's Ultimate's shield regen would work through some windows in Command Center.
- Tropics Map: Fix for cases where players can be launched by Gravity Cannon while below it.
- Added tracker for "Battle Royale Wins".
For more coverage on the popular battle royale, make sure to go check out the rest of our dedicated Apex Legends section.
Featured image courtesy of Respawn Entertainment.