Since the early access release, Battlefield 2042 has been suffering from hilarious bugs and glitches, optimisation issues, servers instability, and most importantly - many questionable design choices which were heavily criticized by the community.
Two months later it seems that Battlefield 2042 is still drowning in problems as the player base is getting smaller with each new day. A silver lining in this whole situation is that DICE hasn't given up on fixing the game, and they are still actively working on new patches in order to fix the most alarming issues.
The latest patch, Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2, is slated to be released on 20th January, and it comes with a slew of improvements.
Don't expect radical design changes, but bug fixes and stability improvements which would hopefully result in a more stable and smoother experience.
Check out the full patch notes.
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 patch notes
- Fixed an issue where leaving a party during matchmaking could make the game unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where connecting to EA servers after signing up with a new account would not work on the first attempt
- Updated behaviour of the quit button during gameplay so it now returns you to the correct screen
- Fixed an issue where the loading music would stop playing during level load
- Fixed a rare occurrence where after landing with the Wingsuit, hits wouldn’t always register on some parts of Sundance’s hitbox
- Fixed occurrences of rubberbanding when running behind friendly players
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause you to be stuck in both an alive, and downed loop
- Fixed a variety of issues with attaching to ladders that could cause you to get stuck in a state where you could fly away or lose control of your Specialist
- Fixed an issue where soldier movement speed was impaired by nearby explosions that spawned craters
- Fixed an issue where camera shake and audio for landing would unintentionally trigger when dropping from very small heights
- Fixed an issue where weapons from a Loadout Crate would sometimes inherit ammo from the previously selected weapon
- Fixed an issue where being spotted when firing a weapon would spot you for too long
- Added multiple fixes to improve overall game stability
- Fixed a rendering related crash that could occur for AMD Radeon VII users while Sundance was visible on screen
- Sniper and SOFLAM scope glints now show from a further distance
- Fixed an issue where passenger weapons would no longer be in sync whenever the driver’s turret would rotate, causing bullets to not register when firing at enemies
- M1A5, T28 - improved the effective range and reduced spread on Canister Weapon Pod
- Reduced Bullet Spread from 1.6 -> 1.1
- Increased Damage Fall Off Distance from 35 -> 40
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed a black rectangle being present on screen during Hazard Zone end of a round when hitting quit at the level progress screen
- The Server Info tab now persists after hitting Refresh in the Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap when joining a Team Deathmatch game during the end of the round sequence
- Rules Editor - the “IsInventorySlotActive” value now correctly handles melee weapons
- Certain admin commands can no longer be spammed
Hopefully, this patch will make everyone's experience much better!
- Read more: When is Battlefield 2042 Season 1 coming out? Release date, leaks, new map, specialists, more
Don’t forget to check out our dedicated Battlefield guide for the latest news, updates, guides, leaks and more.
Featured image courtesy of Electronic Arts / DICE.