With Operating Broken Fang still raging on, Valve isn't sitting on its hands. Instead, the developer has deployed a new update in the early hours of the morning on 8th January 2021.
In the latest CS:GO update's patch notes, Valve has revealed several changes and fixes to four maps, while also deploying some fixes, and removing bots from Competitive play.
CS:GO bots removed from Competitive
The highlight of the latest CS:GO update is arguably how Valve has decided to remove bots in Competitive play.
The developer has revealed bots are no longer granted to teams in Competitive matches. Basically, when a player disconnects or gets kicked in both Wingman and Classic Competitive modes, they will no longer be replaced by a bot.
However, if an entire team leaves the match, one bot will remain in their place so the match can finish. This bot will be idling in their spawn site so the other team can get an easy victory.
CS:GO map changes
Valve has made several changes and fixes to four maps, namely Cache, Ancient, Engage and Guard.
Check out the full map changes and fixes in the latest CS:GO update below, starting with the two maps which just received some fixes.
- Fixed a pixel-gap in the Cargo containers in T Spawn
- Fixed Cargo containers not having their proper colours.
- Fixed bomb explosions being visible above the A site
- Further optimizations
- Fixed some clipping bugs
- Removed several boost spots
- Added stairs in the garage for better rotation flow
- Breakable glass ceiling around A-site and Mid. Smokes and flashes can now be used on A-site
- Removed “office” area on mid
- Added ladder on A upper CT side
- Both entrances of the hut are now wider for better player traffic flow between A-site and Mid
- Lowered A upper and bridge to make entire bombsite more readable
- Removed several awkward angles on A-site
- Removed excessive areas on A-site
- Removed clutter on A-site
- Better FPS around the whole map
- Widened inner part of connector
- Reduced size of restaurant corner
- Adjusted tarp positions on truck to eliminate some angles
- Lowered half-wall at stairs
- Adjusted timings by pushing CT spawns back a bit
- Shifted crates next to tower further towards pit
- Enhanced visibility for various long range angles
- Removed electric box next to bikes
- Reduced amount of breakable glass at shop
- Blocked angle from CT boost to pit
- Increased size of ladder hole
- Added location names
- Fixed players being able to see into the tower area when boosted at dumpster
- Fixed some Z-fighting and intersecting geo
- Fixed various visible nodraw textures
- Fixed various bomb stuck spots
- Fixed player stuck spot on street
- Clipping adjustments throughout the map
- Minor visual adjustments and enhancements
As you can see, both Engage and Guard got some significant changes and fixes, while Cache and Ancient were just slightly improved with the latest CS:GO update.
CS:GO patch notes 8th January update
Apart from all the patch notes for the CS:GO update on 8th January 2021, there are also some additional fixes and miscellaneous patch notes to go over.
Check out these CS:GO patch notes below.
- View Models - Reduced size of SWAT sleeves matching all existing models.
- Fixed a crash in Windows dedicated server when “version” command is issued.
- Pings no longer move when walked over by characters, and will no longer highlight weapons in competitive matches.
- Adjusted Retakes clip areas in Mirage and Train
- Perfect World - Accounts that completed government identity verification have been upgraded to CS:GO Prime Account Status for Steam China.
So there you have it, the full patch notes in the latest CS:GO update released on 8th January 2021.