In the early hours of the morning on 28th May 2021, Valve released a new CS:GO update. This update focuses mostly on making changes to a total of four maps, including Ancient, which recently became part of the Active Duty map pool.
Here's everything inside the new CS:GO update so you know what to expect when you log into the game to click some heads.
New CS:GO update: Map changes & bug fixes
First off, the new CS:GO update has the following line: "Coach positions are now saved in round backup files." This could make those who use the CS:GO coaching bug, which has recently been spotted again, easier to detect.
There's also three additional miscellaneous fixes in the new CS:GO update, namely:
- Added option ‘2’ to sv_damage_print_enable, which, when set, will only print damage output after round has ended.
- Coach positions are now saved in round backup files.
- In Deathmatch, fixed the ability to extend invulnerability by repeatedly issuing the “open_buymenu” command.
- In Retakes, armour value now remains fixed during card selection.
The biggest changes in the new CS:GO update that players need to know about, however, are the map changes. Since Ancient is the new Active Duty map (used for tournaments) we will start with it, then move onto Cache, followed by Grind and Mocha.
- Art-revision on bombsite B and surrounding area
- Higher contrast base textures at B for better player reads
- Fixed random missing micro-polygons in bomb B totem/sculpture
- Recoloured plywood throughout the map for better contrast
- Straightened out broken-wall passage to bombsite B
- Tweaked spawnpoint placement for both teams
- Performance optimizations.
- Reduced bird sounds volume.
- Reduced contrast on some textures.
- Brightened sky slightly.
- Fixed minor issues.
- Restored vivid colour to select textures and models.
- Restored select details even on lowest graphical settings.
- Reduced lurk positions in mid for more fluid rotations.
- Lowered cover on A Short to allow boosting over smokes.
- Removed unintended boost locations.
- Fixed multiple bomb stuck spots.
- Minor quality of life and art updates.
- Clipping improvements.
- Navigation mesh improvements.
- Added additional bombsite markers.
- Bug fixes: deathmatch gamemode spawns, CT spawn soundscape, minor lighting errors.
So there you have it, all the map changes as well as other fixes and improvements in the new CS:GO update released on 28th May 2021.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated section for CS:GO tournament guides, news and articles about pro teams.