With IEM Cologne 2022 on a bit of a break, until the Playoffs get underway, Valve decided to release a brand-new CS:GO update in the early hours of the morning on 13th July 2022 UTC. Fans will want to know which map changes and fixes are inside the CS:GO 13th July 2022 update.
In this article, we outline the CS:GO fixes and changes as per the official patch notes for the latest update, so let's "go go go!"
CS:GO 13 July update patch notes - Changes & fixes
In the CS:GO update released on 13th July 2022, Valve didn't touch any of the Active Duty Map Pool maps, rather focusing on Ember and Hive.
- CSGO Pro Boombl4 Blackmailed By Ex-Wife Lika LiQueen After Spending $500K
- Who is Lika LiQueen aka Angelika Mikhailova?
- The six best M4A1-S skins to look out for in CS:GO
- CSGO star Boombl4 reportedly blackmailed by ex-wife
The developer also deployed some general fixes and improvements, with the highlight being that Name Tags on weapons have been returned to the "Killed by" panel.
Below, you can check out the full CS:GO update patch notes released on 13th July 2022, starting with the map changes.
CS:GO Ember changes & fixes:
- Wheeled out the ancient usable cannons.
- Docks building roof is now easily accessible.
- Began reconstructing house near Industry.
- Drops can now spawn on docks building.
- Drops can no longer spawn above rock tunnel near Observatory.
- Added weapon spawns at Docks building, Hospital and Industry (thanks Orel).
- Removed place names when pinging.
- Improved clipping at Tourist.
- Minor other changes.
CS:GO Hive changes & fixes:
- Reworked handrails to prevent headpeeks.
- Removed train horn sound on bombsite.
- Made middle statue area a bit brighter.
CS:GO general fixes 13th July:
- Fixed a regression in the kill panel to show the killer’s weapon.
- Fixed a rare interruption in map veto process in Premier matchmaking when players disconnect.
- Updated low violence version of “R8 Revolver | Crazy 8” weapon finish.
So there you have it, all the map changes and fixes to both Hive and Ember in the latest CS:GO update, alongside some good general changes from Valve.
You can read the official patch notes here.
For more on the game, please check out our section dedicated to CS:GO esports, guides, news, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of ESL.