The CS:GO professional scene has been heavily impacted by the Krieg meta, but those days seem to have passed thanks to Valve's latest patch which includes a nerf for the scoped weapon and a host of other changes.
The Krieg will now fire 545RPM (rounds per minute), as opposed to 667RPM. It is also less accurate both when scoped and unscoped, making it a less appealing option than the AK-47. The AK is 300$USD cheaper and has a better rate of fire.
the krieg has been actually dumpstered pic.twitter.com/oHcvDCXKNW— Brian (@_BrianCS) April 10, 2020
Regarding the Krieg nerf, popular streamer and former professional player Jaryd "summit1g" Lazar tied the timing of the update to the release of Riot’s new FPS game Valorant.
While various professional players expressed their jubilation.
Over on the CT-side, the rarely-used M4A1-S is now 300$USD cheaper than its alternative, the M4A4. This change might prompt some players to switch over to the silenced option but M4A4’s larger magazine capacity and its higher rate of fire will ensure that it currently stays as the main CT-side rifle choice.
However, it wouldn’t be a CS:GO update without some controversy. While trying to address an issue with Deagle that made it inaccurate after a player landed, Valve has actually gone ahead and increased its accuracy while jumping.
https://t.co/6skF1Ebnrx— Emil Reif (@MagiskCS) April 10, 2020
This does not seem be the kind of tweak the dgl needed. Not fan of this!
There have also been tweaks to Bizon’s armour penetration, the Tec-9’s firing inaccuracy, and AUG’s scoped and unscoped accuracy.
With this update, one of CS:GO’s newest maps, Anubis, can now be played in competitive mode. There have also been minor adjustments to Mirage, Inferno, Office, Overpass, and Chlorine.
You can check out the full patch notes from Valve below.
CS:GO Update 10/04/2020
- SG553 – Reduced rate of fire and accuracy to bring the weapon’s value to be more in line with other rifles.
- AUG – Improved standing accuracy while unscoped. Slightly reduced scoped accuracy.
- M4A1-S – Price reduced to $2900.
- Deagle – Improved accuracy while jumping, lowering the time to recover accuracy after the player lands.
- Tec-9 – Reduced firing inaccuracy.
- Bizon – Increased armour penetration.
- Compressed several textures for less memory consumption.
- Silenced auto-vocalizations by bots during warmup.
- Removed ‘Guardian’ from “Looking to Play’ tab.
- Added a launch option -noubershader. Users on very old Intel hardware can set this launch option to improve their framerate. This option is not recommended otherwise as it is likely to cause stuttering on the overwhelming majority of GPUs.
- Moved from Scrimmage to Competitive mode.
- Fixed water reflection issues.
- Fixed all reports regarding clipping and unintended boost spots.
- Improved performance.
- Wall by door to A site balcony is Bingelibangable.
- Tweaked HDR settings.
- (Changes based on pro player feedback)
- Snow has accumulated by dumpster in back courtyard.
- Beverage machines have been restocked.
- Office is now a non-smoking environment.
- Tidied up kitchen break room.
- New collision model on dumpsters found around the map.
- Fixed pixel boost #151 in water by B site.
- Revised world lighting.
- Reworked bombsite A backdrop.
- Changed environment light to brighter shades
- Changed default CT player model to FBI
- Added plywood on B bombsite for better visibility
- Removed water puddles to avoid players being seen in smoke
- Fixed area portal on squeaky door
- Added grenade clip on yellow tarp
- Included missing material for glowy eyes
- Fixed clipping issue near crazy river
- Fixed few bombstuck spots
- Fixed some clipping issues.
- Blocked vis under truck on B site.