After months of no updates, Valve released CS:GO's Operation Broken Fang on 4th December. Now, in the latest CS:GO update released on 18th December, the developer has made several fixes, including adjusting Broken Fang Agent models, and several changes to four maps.
One of the most interesting additions, however, is a new Donation Key feature, which should make life a bit easier during the pre-round buy phase for professional and amateur teams alike.
CS:GO Donation Key feature
By far the biggest addition in the latest CS:GO update has to be the Donation Key feature, which allows players to give their teammates weapons without needing to drop them on the ground.
This might seem like a small addition but the Donation Key feature is actually a great quality-of-life improvement. This will also stop other players from picking up a weapon not meant for them, and completely changes the way pre-round weapon shuffles used to work since the original Counter-Strike.
Valve explains: "Donate weapons to teammates in need! Hold the buy menu donation key (CTRL by default) when purchasing a weapon to donate to teammates without dropping your primary weapon."
Players can also change the "Buy Menu Donation Key" in their CS:GO settings. Further, the game's settings page now has a search box, so you can quickly find the keybind you are looking for.
CS:GO update: Full patch notes for 18th Dec
With the latest CS:GO update, Valve also made changes to four maps in total. The developer adjusted the Operation Broken Fang Agent models and made bug fixes as well.
Check out the full CS:GO patch notes for the update released in the early hours of the morning on 18th December 2020 below.
Operation Broken Fang
- Adjusted first person arm models for Operation Broken Fang agents.
- Adjusted end of match animations for Operation Broken Fang master agents.
- Fixed a bug that could allow extra stars to be earned from missions. Going forward players will be correctly limited to receiving the total number of stars available from all unlocked cards.
- Kick player vote is now disabled in Broken Fang Premier pick/ban arenas.
- Fixed kill distance in missions UI to be correctly rounded for display.
Misc changes & additions
- Added 2021 Service Medal to be awarded for outstanding service and achievement starting from January 1, 2021 GMT.
- Donate weapons to teammates in need! Hold the buy menu donation key (CTRL by default) when purchasing a weapon to donate to teammates without dropping your primary weapon. You can change the “Buy Menu Donation Key” in settings.
- Game settings now have a search box to quickly find and jump to any setting or key binding.
- Zeus restrictions in Casual, Wingman, and Competitive modes are now the same as all other weapons.
- Adjusted Retakes clip areas in Inferno, Mirage, Nuke, Train, and Vertigo
Guard map changes:
- Repacked Radar
Elysion map changes:
- Fixed a pixelwalk outside on the glass.
- Fixed a pixelwalk on the Elysion sign on A site
- Fixed a pixelwalk on the umbrellas outside.
- Fixed the pixelwalks on the doorframes
- Players were able to jump on top of the A sign on A site
- Player were able to jump on top of the small palm plant
- Players were able to 2 man boost outside and see into the site from an unfair position
- Players were able to run boost on the windows railing on A site
- The ladder outside has been removed
- Reduced the foilage outside, players were able to hide
- Waterfalls have been deleted from the white walls. Caused the smoke to become see through.
Apollo map changes:
- Reduced props that draw for people on very low and low settings to hopefully help FPS levels across the map. (Thanks Shavitish)
- Reduced CT spawn Cover to make it easier to clear
- Improved model shuttle collsions to make walking over nicer
- Reduced non-designed headpeaks across map
- Fixed car fade in CT spawn
- Fixed a few boost exploits
- Updated to radar to a more simple single layer one
- Reduced foliage over key angle (Near moonroom/CT spawn)
- Fixed a number of grammar and spelling mistakes
Anubis map changes:
- Widened A main entrance
- Simplified A connector area
- Got rid of the deep corner below the windows on A
- Got rid of the wall near the pillar at Waterfalls A site and reduced some corners to hide in as a CT
- Some other minor things 3kliksphillip will probably find out
It is great to see Valve giving CS:GO so much attention as of late, and even adding a new Donation Key feature to make life just a little bit easier for CS:GO players everywhere.