One of the most interesting additions, however, is a new Donation Key feature, which should make life a bit easier during the pre-round buy phase for professional and amateur teams alike.
CS:GO Donation Key feature
By far the biggest addition in the latest CS:GO update has to be the Donation Key feature, which allows players to give their teammates weapons without needing to drop them on the ground.
This might seem like a small addition but the Donation Key feature is actually a great quality-of-life improvement. This will also stop other players from picking up a weapon not meant for them, and completely changes the way pre-round weapon shuffles used to work since the original Counter-Strike.
Valve explains: "Donate weapons to teammates in need! Hold the buy menu donation key (CTRL by default) when purchasing a weapon to donate to teammates without dropping your primary weapon."
Players can also change the "Buy Menu Donation Key" in their CS:GO settings. Further, the game's settings page now has a search box, so you can quickly find the keybind you are looking for.
CS:GO update: Full patch notes for 18th Dec
With the latest CS:GO update, Valve also made changes to four maps in total. The developer adjusted the Operation Broken Fang Agent models and made bug fixes as well.
Check out the full CS:GO patch notes for the update released in the early hours of the morning on 18th December 2020 below.
Operation Broken Fang
- Adjusted first person arm models for Operation Broken Fang agents.
- Adjusted end of match animations for Operation Broken Fang master agents.
- Fixed a bug that could allow extra stars to be earned from missions. Going forward players will be correctly limited to receiving the total number of stars available from all unlocked cards.
- Kick player vote is now disabled in Broken Fang Premier pick/ban arenas.
- Fixed kill distance in missions UI to be correctly rounded for display.
Misc changes & additions
- Added 2021 Service Medal to be awarded for outstanding service and achievement starting from January 1, 2021 GMT.
- Donate weapons to teammates in need! Hold the buy menu donation key (CTRL by default) when purchasing a weapon to donate to teammates without dropping your primary weapon. You can change the “Buy Menu Donation Key” in settings.
- Game settings now have a search box to quickly find and jump to any setting or key binding.
- Zeus restrictions in Casual, Wingman, and Competitive modes are now the same as all other weapons.
- Adjusted Retakes clip areas in Inferno, Mirage, Nuke, Train, and Vertigo
Guard map changes:
- Repacked Radar
Elysion map changes:
- Fixed a pixelwalk outside on the glass.
- Fixed a pixelwalk on the Elysion sign on A site
- Fixed a pixelwalk on the umbrellas outside.
- Fixed the pixelwalks on the doorframes
- Players were able to jump on top of the A sign on A site
- Player were able to jump on top of the small palm plant
- Players were able to 2 man boost outside and see into the site from an unfair position
- Players were able to run boost on the windows railing on A site
- The ladder outside has been removed
- Reduced the foilage outside, players were able to hide
- Waterfalls have been deleted from the white walls. Caused the smoke to become see through.
Apollo map changes:
- Reduced props that draw for people on very low and low settings to hopefully help FPS levels across the map. (Thanks Shavitish)
- Reduced CT spawn Cover to make it easier to clear
- Improved model shuttle collsions to make walking over nicer
- Reduced non-designed headpeaks across map
- Fixed car fade in CT spawn
- Fixed a few boost exploits
- Updated to radar to a more simple single layer one
- Reduced foliage over key angle (Near moonroom/CT spawn)
- Fixed a number of grammar and spelling mistakes
Anubis map changes:
- Widened A main entrance
- Simplified A connector area
- Got rid of the deep corner below the windows on A
- Got rid of the wall near the pillar at Waterfalls A site and reduced some corners to hide in as a CT
- Some other minor things 3kliksphillip will probably find out
It is great to see Valve giving CS:GO so much attention as of late, and even adding a new Donation Key feature to make life just a little bit easier for CS:GO players everywhere.