In the latest CS:GO update released on 7th August, Valve has added 17 new weapon skins and Shattered Web Knives as part of the new Fracture Case. Improvements to some technical jargon and updates and fixes to the newest maps in the game have also made it in.
Today we are shipping the Fracture Case, featuring weapon finishes from over 17 Community artists. We've also fixed VPK tampering exploits and made improvements to SDR networking protocol. Mutiny, Swamp, and Anubis have also been updated. Release Notes: https://t.co/zoTXVgcUO3pic.twitter.com/s022yUtQ5d— CS:GO (@CSGO) August 7, 2020
Bug fixes and map updates to improve playability are always welcome but you are likely here to see some of those sweet, sweet skins.
Like the previous Prisma 2 Case, all 17 skins are community creations. The Shattered Web Knives are rare special items that can be unlocked from this case.
PS: If you are interested in the map updates the patch notes are at the bottom of the page.
Below are all of the skins and knives available in the Fractured Case that form the collection of the same name:
CS:GO Fractured Case weapon skins
AK-47 | Legion of Anubis (Covert)
Desert Eagle | Printstream (Covert)
M4A4 | Tooth Fairy (Classified)
Glock-18 | Vogue (Classified)
XM1014 | Emtombed (Classified)
Mac-10 | Allure (Restricted)
Galil AR | Connexion (Restricted)
Tec-9 | Brother (Restricted)
MP5-SD | Kitbash (Restricted)
MAG-7 | Monster Call (Restricted)
SG 533 | Ol' Rusty (Mil-Spec)
SSG 08 | Mainframe 001 (Mil-Spec)
PP-Bizon | Runic (Mil-Spec)
P90 | Freight (Mil-Spec)
P250 | Cassette (Mil-Spec)
Negev | Ultralight (Mil-Spec)
P2000 | Gnarled (Mil-Spec)
The knives available as the rare special items are the Shattered Web Knives, originally released back in November of last year. There are four knife skins to potentially unlock, they are:
- Nomad Knife | Crimson Web
- Skelton Knife | Fade
- Survival Knife | Stained
- Paracord Knife | Slaughter
CS:GO 8th August full patch notes
[ FRACTURE CASE ]
– Introducing the Fracture Case, featuring designs from over 17 community artists-designed weapon finishes, and the Shattered Web Knives as rare special items.
[ MISC ]
– Updated main menu movie for Mutiny.
– Fixed several exploits related to VPK tampering.
– The -untrusted launch option is no longer supported
[ NETWORKING ]
– Multiple improvements to SDR networking protocol:
— Improved SDR routing selection logic
— Fixed SDR networking sessions to not be reused after expiration
— Improved stability
[ MAPS ]
– Fixed some clipping, z fighting, invisible surface bugs
– Fixed being able to spot enemies through wall near bridge. (thanks Chaelin!)
– Removed palm tree shadow at bridge
– Fixed wallbang at B main route
– Fixed weapons falling through stairs and other parts of the floor.
– Re-added the grenade windows to B.
– New skin for double door at middle.
– Various minor fixes.
– Significant improvement in performance in all areas of the map (Thanks Joaokaka1998 for testing!)
– Adjusted fade distances to improve performance
– Added more hint/skip brushes to separate certain visleaves
– Added ivy models to prop combine to increase performance when multiple are rendered at once
– Lowered part of the wall on A Site
– Modified rock formation at upper T to A into a brick wall to improve visibility and grenade potential
– Added cover at mid to B connector
– Removed cover at exit of mid to A connector
– Removed cover at Side Path near the back of A Site
– Adjusted position of cover at Catwalk
– Adjusted position of cover at T to A Lower
– Raised height of ceiling clipping around A Site & CT to A, allowing players to get on top of the wall on A Site
– Raised height of ceiling clipping around CT entrance to B
– Adjusted deathmatch spawn position near A Site
– Adjusted environment lighting to give a better visual contrast
– Fixed flickering of multiple bush props across the map
– Removed shadows for some foliage models, such as those seen at The Squid building
– Fixed missing textures on various displacements around the map
– Fixed various floating models around the map (windows, lamps, etc.)
– Improved clipping of wooden pillars at Dock
– Tweaked clipping around rock at T to A Upper
– Fixed numerous bomb stuck spots (thanks Joaokaka1998!)
– Bomb now teleports back to dry land if player drops it while stood on the small boat
– Added multiple bomb reset triggers around A Site, B Site and Dock
– Fixed incorrectly rotated tarp model at Dock
– Removed foliage on A Site wall
– Modified treasure map in T spawn ship to have a more accurate name applied to it
– Updated overview
– Swamp has now great FPS
– Replaced water material
– Made it brighter in some areas
– Updated radar
– Fixed some more clipping
– Closed the corner near the old saw blades by the backroom
– Made recess in wall at T-entrance
– Made brighter background in corner near T-entrance
– Closed a gap where a weapon could fall in between