One Iconic pistol in Cyberpunk 2077, called Chaos, is of particular interest as it adds even more chaotic gameplay elements, and can only be obtained if you make a certain decision during one of the early missions, making it very easy to miss.
How to get Iconic Chaos pistol in Cyberpunk 2077
The Iconic Chaos pistol in Cyberpunk 2077 is a very unique weapon, since every time you reload there are randomized effects.
These effects include Crit Chance, Damage Type, and Status-Effect application, making it perfect for some exciting, chaotic gunplay as you reload and never know what you are going to get.
(Picture: CD Projekt RED)
This Iconic pistol in Cyberpunk 2077 can be upgraded all the way to Legendary, has a 12-round magazine, can be charged to perform a powerful shot, and has an empty scope slot to fill with your favourite optics.
To get the Iconic Chaos pistol in Cyberpunk 2077, you will need to kill one certain NPC during one of the early mission in the game. If you fail to do so, you will not be able to get this weapon later on in the game at all.
Follow the steps below to secure your Iconic Chaos pistol:
- During The Pickup mission, you have a few options on how to proceed, which all lead to the Maelstrom base.
- At the Maelstrom base, the new leader Royce, will show up.
- This limits your options, as the only way to get the Iconic Chaos pistol is to kill Royce during the meeting.
- You can still hack the Militech chip but you have to go through the options to antagonize Royce picking a fight, or simply refuse to pay him.
- Shoot Royce during the sequence, kill him and grab the Iconic Chaos pistol for yourself, alongside several other pieces of loot.
Simon Randall, aka Royce (Picture: CD Projekt RED)
Keep in mind that if you've completed The Pickup and didn't kill Royce, you will never be able to get your hands on the Iconic Chaos Pistol.
The Chaos pistol is the Iconic version of the Arasaka JKE-X2 Kenshin, which means you can get the regular version in the game quite easily but it simply doesn't have the randomized effects on reload.