Destiny 2 is a complex RPG looter-shooter with a multitude of gameplay mechanics that make it seem a bit more overwhelming than it is. Leveling up works differently, and one tangible way to track your progress is through your Power Level.
Destiny 2's Power Level is divided into four categories: Base Cap, Soft Cap, Powerful Cap, and Pinnacle Cap. In addition, Bungie increases the Power Cap with each new season. So what is the current Power Cap in Destiny 2?
What is the Power Level in Destiny 2?
In Destiny 2: The Witch Queen, Bungie increased the Base Power Cap to 1350 so every player (new and returning) could get immediate access to the game's campaign and other activities. So fast forward to now, the following is the Power Cap in Destiny 2 Season of Plunder.
- Base Cap - 1350 Power Level
- Soft Cap - 1520 Power Level
- Powerful Cap - 1570 Power Level
- Pinnacle Cap - 1580 Power Level
Your overall Power Level depends upon the Power Level of your gear pieces, including weapons. As a result, to increase your Power Level, you must equip higher-level gear.
- Destiny 2 Season of Plunder - Top 5 Arc Exotic Weapons To Use
- Destiny 2 Season Of Plunder - Best Seasonal Mods To Unlock
- Destiny 2 Season Of The Plunder - All New Exotic Weapons, Armor
- Destiny 2 Lightfall Release Date, Story, Strand Subclass, More
In Destiny 2, different activities reward different Power Level gears. For example, most Strike, Gambit, and Crucible playlists will reward you with Pinnacle Gear. In contrast, The Witch Queen activities like The Wellspring and the Altar of Reflection will reward you with Powerful Gear.
All Activities that Reward Powerful Gear in Destiny 2
- Complete two runs of Altars of Reflection (Tier 1 Powerful Gear)
- Complete the weekly Witch Queen campaign mission on any difficulty (Tier 1 Powerful Gear)
- Complete three runs of The Wellspring activity. (Tier 1 Powerful Gear)
- Acquire 125 Treasure in the Expedition Playlist. (Tier 2 Powerful Gear)
- Complete three runs of the Ketchcrash activity. (Tier 3 Powerful Gear)
- Complete three runs of Dares of Eternity (Tier 1 Powerful Gear)
- Win seven rounds in either Glory Rank playlist in Crucible. (Tier 1 Powerful Gear)
- Complete Nightfall Strike (Tier 1)
Complete Grandmaster Nightfall Strike (Tier 1)
You can also get Powerful Gear by decrypting Prime Engrams and completing eight bounties from specific vendors.
All Activities that Reward Pinnacle Gear in Destiny 2
- Complete a single run of Preservation activity.
- Defeat Powerful Cabal and Champions in the "Vox Obscura" Exotic quest.
- Get a team of 100,000 or more in The Witch Queen weekly mission.
- Complete Dares of Eternity with a score of 250,000 or higher.
- Complete a single run of Duality Dungeon.
- Complete a single run of Garden of Salvation Raid.
- Complete a single run of Pit of Heresy Dungeon.
- Complete three runs of Vanguard Ops playlist.
- Complete a Nightfall Strike with a team score above 100,000.
- Complete a Grandmaster Nightfall Strike with a team score above 100,000.
- Complete a single run of King's Fall Raid.
Complete three matches in any Crucible playlists.
- Complete three Gambit matches.
- Complete a single run of the Ketchcrash activity on Master difficulty.
How to Increase Power Level Beyond Pinnacle Cap in Destiny 2
You can increase your Power Level beyond the Pinnacle Cap in Destiny 2 Season of Plunder (or any Destiny season) by leveling up the Seasonal Artefact and gaining bonus Power Levels.
If you haven't reached the Pinnacle Cap yet, the bonus Power Level you gain through leveling up the Seasonal Artefact will help increase your current Power Level.
And that's everything you need to know about Power Levels in Destiny 2.
For more on the game, check our section dedicated to Destiny 2 Season of Plunder news, guides, and features.
Featured image courtesy of Bungie.
WEEKLY UPDATES - Destiny 2 Weekly Reset List | Lost Sector Rotation | Raid & Dungeon Rotation | Grandmaster Nightfall Rotation | Weekly Challenges List | Xur Location | Trials of Osiris Map & Rewards | Iron Banner Schedule
BEST HUNTER BUILDS -
BEST TITAN BUILDS -
BEST WARLOCK BUILDS -
Exotics, Catalyst & God Rolls - Alter of Reflection Catalyst Quest | Austringer God Roll | Calus Midi Tool God Roll | Dead Man's Tale God Roll | Fixed Odds God Roll | Hawkmoon God Roll | How To Get Come To Pass | How To Get Dawn Chorus | How To Get Omnioculus | How To Get Star-Eater Scales | Mechabre God Roll | Osteo Striga Catalyst | Riptide God Roll | Queens and Worms Quest