The Inazuma update, Genshin Impact 2.0, is one of the most massive updates ever since the game launched last year. Version 2.0 update releasing on July 21, 2021, adds a pool of new content, including events, story and archon quests, weapons, characters, a brand new partially unlocked region, new bosses, and more for players to dive right into.
The sheer amount of new content addition confirmed during the Genshin Impact 2.0 livestream is overwhelming to many in the community. In the wake of that, to get a better hold on what new things are coming to Genshin Impact with version 2.0 update. We have prepared the complete patch notes, which list the upcoming content addition and features.
Genshin Impact 2.0 Patch Notes
Here is everything new coming to Genshin Impact with the version 2.0 update.
Genshin Impact 2.0 update will add three new playable characters to the existing roster.
- Ayaka - A five-star Cryo-Sword user from Inazuma.
- Yoimiya - A five-star Pyro-Bow user from Inazuma.
- Sayu - A four-star Anemo-Claymore user from Inazuma.
The main character, Aether or Lumine, depending on whomever you choose at the beginning of the game, will also get Electro abilities which will come with a new elemental skill and burst attack.
Here is the list of new weapons coming with the Genshin Impact 2.0 update and how to obtain them.
- Mistsplitter Reforged - A five-star Sword weapon obtained via gacha.
- Thundering Pulse - A five-star Bow weapon obtained via gacha.
- Hamayumi - A four-star Bow weapon obtained via crafting.
- Amenoma Kageuchi - A four-star Sword weapon obtained via crafting.
- Kitain Cross Spear - A four-star Polearm weapon obtained via crafting.
- Katsuragikiri Nagamasa - A four-star Claymore weapon obtained via crafting.
- Hakushin Ring - A four-star Catalyst weapon obtained via crafting.
The version 2.0 update will introduce three new areas of the Inazuma region.
- Grand Narukami Shrine
- Moushoujin Gorge
- Watatsumi Island
During the Genshin Impact 2.0 Livestream, we learned about five events coming to the game. Two are new, while the other three are a nuanced version of already happened events.
- Thunder Sojourn
- Phantom Flow
- Theater Mechanicus: Stage of Wonders
- Lost Riches
- Lay Line Overflow
There are two new artifacts getting introduced with the Genshin Impact 2.0 update.
Emblem of Severed Fate Set Bonus
- 2 Piece Set - Energy Recharge +20%
- 4 Piece Set - Increases Elemental Burst DMB by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained in this way.
Shimenawa's Reminiscence Set Bonus
- 2 Piece Set - ATK +18%
- 4 Piece Set - When casting an Elemental Skill, if the character has 15 or more Energy, the loose 15 Energy and Normal/Charged/Plunging Attack DMG is increased by 50% for 10s.
New Bosses and Enemies
Pyro Hypostasis - Normal Boss.
- Perpetual Mechanical Array - Normal Boss
- Maguu Kenki - World Boss.
- Ruin Sentinel - New Enemy.
- Mirror Maiden - New Enemy.
Other New Additions
- A Weapons banner pity mechanics - Epitomized Path.
- Massive amount of stories coming with the Archon Quests and Side Quests.
- Cross-progression among PS5, PS4, PC, Android, and iOS.
- Enhanced character shading.
- Haptic Feedback Support for the PS5 version.
- Additional Serenitea Pot functions, including a gadget to collect seeds and plant in the "fields" in your realm.
For more tips, tricks and guides, don't forget to join our community of travelers on our Genshin Impact Twitter account.