Hitman 3 release is imminent and developers IO Interactive are making sure that Hitman 2 players enjoy a seamless transition to the final chapter of the trilogy.
All current Hitman 2 players will be able to transfer their progression to Hitman 2 from their IO accounts.
This includes almost everything from the existing player profiles, and everything you have earned and unlocked through playing the game: XP rank, location mastery levels, location mastery unlocks, challenge progress, challenge unlocks and Elusive Target suits/unlocks.
(Picture: IO Interactive)
IO Interactive explains that all these things are collectively called "progression" and players will be able to enjoy their content from Hitman 2 in Hitman 3 as well.
While progression can only be carried over from Hitman 2, this will also include progression from the Legacy Pack, which has brought Hitman 1 locations to Hitman 2.
The transfer will be limited to platforms, which means that you can only transfer your progression within the same systems:
Hitman 2 (PlayStation 4) → Hitman 3 (PlayStation 4/5)
Hitman 2 (Xbox One) → Hitman 3 (Xbox One, Xbox S/X)
Hitman 2 (PC Steam) → Hitman 3 (PC Epic)
How to transfer location mastery, challenges, Elusive Target suits and other unlocks from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3?
(Picture: IO Interactive)
- Before you start with the progression carry over process, make sure that you have everything you want to carry from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, because it is a one-time process.
- Do not start with playing Hitman 3 before you perform the progression carryover process, because you will lose all your existing Hitman 3 progress, which will be overridden with the progression you transferred from Hitman 2.
- If you've played the game on several platforms (for example on PC and PS4), you will be able to transfer both progressions, but separately for each system.
- Player progression transfer can not be performed in the game, but only through a website.
- Make sure that you use a proper IOI Account, which is linked with your Hitman 2 progression you will want to carry over.
- When Hitman 3 releases, go to the Progression Carryover Website.
- From there, log in with your IO Interactive account and follow the instructions.
It is important to note once again that you can only perform this transfer once, and you won't be able to do it again. Your Hitman 2 progression won't be changed and you can continue progression within both games, but there won't' be any synchronization between two games.
And that would be it, you can now experience all your content from Hitman 2 in Hitman 3. Good luck, Agent 47!