In this guide, we walk players through the steps of fixing Lost Ark lag and latency issues, so they can dive into the massive world of Arkesia without high ping.
Lost Ark lag & latency - How to fix
First and foremost, we suggest you check the server status of Lost Ark if you are experiencing disconnections.
Our second tip for fixing high latency issues and lag in Lost Ark is to check the game's server list. Always select a server that is closest to your physical location, as this can help decrease high ping.
For quick fixes to lag, latency and connectivity issues in Lost Ark, the developers have noted that players can make sure of the following aspects of their setup.
- Make sure that your computer isn't downloading Windows updates, other games, etc. Performing tasks that involve downloading updates can drastically decrease your computer's available bandwidth.
- Identify if others in your household are running high bandwidth applications like video streaming, or online gaming. Closing high bandwidth applications or turning off high bandwidth devices may reduce latency.
- Don't use a VPN or Proxy while playing, they can cause connectivity issues such as high latency.
- Make sure your system clock is set to the correct time. To learn more about setting your time and time zone, go to Microsoft Support.
We also suggest you use a Wired instead of a Wi-Fi connection, verify the integrity of game files via Steam, close any background applications, and of course, turn that router off and on again.
What does connectivity issues in Lost Ark look like?
The developers have outlined how you can spot lag or connectivity issues in Lost Ark, nothing the following:
- Character(s) moving randomly or sporadically around the map, also known as rubber-banding or warping.
- Attacks appear to land, but the damage or effects aren’t registering.
- You and/or other players appear to be stuck or running in place.
- Sudden, frequent disconnects from the game.
- Frequent lag or lag spikes
Hopefully, these suggested fixes will help players with their Lost Ark lag, latency and connection issues. If all else fails, remember that you can always contact Lost Ark support.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Lost Ark section for news, guides and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Amazon Game Studios.