The first official look, as has been a tradition for the last couple of years, is at the most notable players from this year’s rookie class.
Without further ado, let’s take a deep dive into this Madden Rookies rating first looks.
- Read more: Will there be cross-play in Madden 22?
Trevor Lawrence is not even the best player in his class
As the sports entertainment company, ESPN, is hosting a ratings reveal show in partnership with Madden, they revealed some of the official overalls for the rookies.
Here are the top 10 rookies in Madden 22:
- Kyle Pitts, TE, Atlanta Falcons – 81 OVR
- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jacksonville Jaguars – 78 OVR
- Jaylen Waddle, WR, Miami Dolphins – 76 OVR
- Pat Surtain II, CB, Denver Broncos – 76 OVR
- Zach Wilson, QB, New York Jets – 75 OVR
- Ja’Marr Chase, WR, Cincinnati Bengals – 75 OVR
- DeVonta Smith, WR, Philadelphia Eagles – 75 OVR
- Trey Lance, QB, San Francisco 49ers – 74 OVR
- Justin Fields, QB, Chicago Bears – 74 OVR
The biggest surprise of this list is probably QB Lawrence not being the best player in this class as he is one of the most accomplished and polished quarterbacks to enter the league in the last 30 years, and it was expected to be at least above an 80 OVR.
Rookies react to their Madden 22 Ratings
EA Sports has put together some of this year's rookies and put them to the test to guess their rating of some of their most recognizable skills.
If you ask us this is probably one of the fairest years when it comes to rookie ratings, we will see in the upcoming days to figure out what happens with the 99 club and other NFL icons.
Be on the lookout as we will bring you everything you need to know about every Madden release, news, MUT tips and more.