With great power comes great responsibility. That's the theme of the latest Marvel's Avengers update released on 30th November, which ushers in Spider-Man as a playable hero, as well as the Klaw raid, and a boatload of improvements.
Yes, Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man has finally been unleashed in Crystal Dynamic's ever-expanding live-service ARPG. Don't fret, as you won't need to go through the process of losing uncle Ben to add Spider-Man to your Avengers roster.
How to find Spider-Man in Marvel's Avengers
First off, Spider-Man is available exclusively for those on PS4 and PS5, which means Xbox and PC gamers don't get to play as everyone's favourite web-slinger unless you have a PlayStation console.
While you won't have to unlock Spider-Man or pay extra, you will notice a prompt in the hero selection screen notifying you that to find Spider-Man, you will need to head to the Chimera Helicarrier in-game.
This means that you will need to head to the nearest War Table and fast-travel to the Chimera Helicarrier.
Once there, players might wonder where exactly Spider-Man is hiding.
Well, he isn't in the hangar bay or in the crew quarters! Instead, you can find Spider-Man in Marvel's Avengers by heading to the main deck, and looking for a "Suspicious Web" to interact with.
Once you've interacted with the Suspicious Web, you will see Spider-Man as a cutscene triggers and the hero event gets underway.
Spider-Man abilities and heroics
Spider-Man in Marvel's Avengers can do everything a spider can! At the core to Spider-Man's gameplay are his webs. His abilities and heroics allow you to close distances quickly, disable enemies, and deal a whole lot of damage in the process.
All his web-based attacks build up a Web Status meter on enemies. Once the meter is full, enemies become Webbed, immobilizing them and making them vulnerable to attacks from any Avenger.
- Spider Skirmish - A light combo is designed to build up stun damage and juggle enemies into the air.
- Take to the Sky - Signature attack launches enemies up and continue the combo in-air.
- Predator Instincts - While on a wall, Predator Instincts gives you the ability to perform a powerful leaping punch that deals bonus Impact Damage.
- Think Fast - While dodging, use Think Fast to perform a low spinning kick that can trip enemies, making them easier to combo, or Double Fire to quickly build up Web Status on the enemy. Quick Reflexes and Web-Counter are stronger versions of these attacks and can be performed after a Perfect Evade.
- Wreckage Skill - Spidey’s intrinsic meter that charges up by dealing melee damage and avoiding enemy attacks that drain it. Once the meter is full, Spider-Man can perform a Takedown on an enemy without having to stun them, even if the enemy is in the air.
According to Crystal Dynamics, his Web-Bomb Assault Heroic is used to web up large groups of enemies, while his Spider-Drone Support Heroic zips around the battlefield laying down cover fire with web projectiles. Upgrades improve damage output or provide defensive bonuses like Willpower regeneration and defensive armour.
Wrecking Ball (Ultimate Heroic) - Creates a massive ball of webs that slams into the ground, smashing enemies under it and knocking back nearby foes. Triggering it provides a heroic buff that reduces damage and increases damage dealt. Once upgraded, intrinsic energy auto-generates, allowing Spidey to use his Wreckage skills even more often.
There are also 40 new outfits for Spider-Man to unlock, as well as over 20 emotes!
The video below showcases Spider-Man's abilities and heroics in action.
It goes without saying at this point that Spider-Man will be a great addition to your squad in the fight against AIM.
Check out a deep dive from Crystal Dynamics, showcasing everything in the latest Marvel's Avengers update, from the first raid to Spider-Man!
With the latest Marvel's Avengers update, players will now be able to do everything a spider can, and more!
For more on all thing's Marvel, check out our dedicated section for news, guides and more.
Featured image courtesy of Square Enix.