Outriders developers People Can Fly has shared the first details in regards to their plans for the upcoming Outrider updates.
The good news is that Square Enix and People Can Fly promised strong post-launch support, and today they are sharing details about the first patch which we can expect sometime next week.
(Picture: Square Enix)
Developers explain that they are trying to deliver this patch "as fast as possible" but they want it to be stable and they want to be 100% sure that it will fix the issues, and that's why they are not committing to a patch release date.
The first update, called simply Patch One, is slated for release early next week and will address some of the most important issues, mostly in regards to crashes and game-breaking bugs.
- Read more: Outriders balance changes: Legendary items quest drops, Tactical Assault Rifle, Twisted Rounds, more
For PC players who are having troubles with the game's performance, the update should fix DX11/12 issues and will optimize GPU utilization.
Cross-play across all platforms should finally start working as intended, and several crashes, including the "A Bad Day" side quest, will be fixed as well.
Unfortunately, the inventory wipes bug is still being worked on, but the developer promises that "this bug appearing should be greatly reduced once the upcoming patch has been published".
(Picture: Square Enix)
Additionally, they are working on restoring lost inventories, but keep in mind that this will be "a one-off mass restoration", which should take place on a specific day and should be a one-time event. We will update you with the exact date once the developers reveal it.
Outriders First Patch all fixes and changes:
- Will Fix a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
- Once platforms have been updated to the same patch version, cross-play across platforms will become viable again
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service
- Will Fix a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped
- Will fix the crash when completing the "A Bad Day" side quest.
- Will fix the crash that occurs in No Man's Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Will fix crash on launch issues
- Will include many more "random" crash fixes
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes they generate appear in a number of places.
- Will fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Will fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from "Open" to "Closed".
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to "Open" through your game settings
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn't intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by "open" games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements