Jumping to competitive mode to get ranks is a fantastic idea, so long as you know who you are going against. Although Tracer is the face of the original Overwatch, Tracer is actually rather difficult to use.
So if you want to jump into the attacker role queue to use Tracer, you should understand who Tracer is and how you can use her.
Understanding Tracer Through Her Abilities
By looking at her abilities, you will get a clearer understanding of how you should use Tracer in Overwatch 2. Here is a list of her abilities:
- Damage Role (Passive) - Damage passive characters gain 25% reload and movement speed for 2.5 seconds after an elimination.
- Blink - Teleport in the direction you are moving up to three times.
- Recall - Travel back in time by three seconds to your previous location and health.
- Pulse Bomb - Throw a powerful sticky bomb right in front of you.
The key to using Tracer in Overwatch 2 is mastering her high mobility. That is because Tracer has the lowest HP pool out of any playable characters in the game. A headshot from nearly anyone is enough to take her out.
- How To Get More Overwatch Coins In Overwatch 2 - Premium Currency
- Every Rank And Division In Overwatch 2 Competitive
- Overwatch 2 Trophies List - Hero & Event Achievements
- TS-1 & Barricade Guide - Overwatch 2
Because of that reason, mastering both her Blink and Recall abilities is essential for people who want to use her. Due to her movement speed, Tracer is actually a close-range DPS character. Her Pulse Pistols fire at an extremely high rate in a cone shape in front of her. That means Tracer is not good at dealing damage long range.
That is why you use Blink to get right next to your target to shred them down. Once you are done, you Blink out or if you received damage, you Recall to undo any damage done to you by the enemy.
Tracer is a hit-and-run type of character where she quickly gets in and out of fights to take down the enemy. Knowing how to get in and out is critical to be an effective Tracer.
Enemies that stun players are a highly effective counter to Tracer because they stop her high-speed movement. Good counters to Tracer are Roadhog and Ana. Sombra is also a great counter to Tracer because she can shut down abilities. Torbjorn is a good counter to Tracer too because his Turret can pick off Tracer quite easily.
Genji is actually a great partner for Tracer because he can get in just as easily as she can. D.Va is the perfect Tank for Tracer because of how mobile she is. Lucio works for support due to his ability to increase movement speed.
For more on the game, check our section dedicated to Overwatch 2 news, guides, and features.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.