Krafton has unveiled the complete details of the Battlegrounds Mobile India Series, including its format, prize pool, schedule, and much more. However, it’s worth noting that registrations for the tournament haven’t been commenced at the moment. Without any further ado, let’s have a look at the complete details of the tourney.
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series (BGIS) 2021 - Registration
The registrations for the Battlegrounds Mobile India Series will begin on 19th July 2021. The interested players can register for their squad on BGIS 2021 official website after the registration portal is open.
Moreover, there’s no registration fee to participate in the BGIS 2021. However, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in the tournament.
Although it hasn’t been officially verified yet, players will be required to share basic information such as player names, BGMI character ID, IGL name, e-mail address, and so on in order to register for the event.
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series (BGIS) 2021 - Tournament Format
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2021 is divided into five stages that will last for around three months.
In-game Qualifiers (First Stage)
- Duration: 2nd August to 8th August
- Participating Teams: Open for all
- Qualifying teams: 1024 teams will advance to Online Qualifiers.
- Format: Every registered squad will be required to play 15 matches, out of which 10 best games will be considered for qualification.
Online Qualifiers: (Second Stage)
- Duration: 17th August to 12th September
- Participating Teams: 1024
- Qualifying teams: 64 teams will advance to the Quarter-Finals.
- Format: The Online-Qualifiers qualifiers are divided into three rounds (Round 1, 2 and, 3). Two Matches will be played in each round and multiple teams will be eliminated with each round.
Quarter-Finals: (Third Stage)
- Duration: 16th September to 26th September
- Participating Teams: 64
- Qualifying teams: 16 teams will advance to Semi-Finals and 48 teams to Losers Bracket.
- Format: These 64 teams will be divided into 4 groups. Each group will play a total of 6 matches. The top 4 teams from each group will qualify for the Semi-Finals. The remaining 12 teams will be relegated to the Losers Bracket and will get another chance to qualify.
- Duration: TBA
- Participating Teams: 48
- Qualifying teams: 8 teams will advance to the Semi-Finals.
- Format: These 48 teams will be divided into 3 groups. Each group will play a total of 6 matches. The top 2 teams from each group and 2 teams with the maximum number of finishes will qualify for the Semi-Finals.
Semi-Finals: (Fourth Stage)
- Duration: 30th September to 3rd October
- Participating Teams: 24
- Qualifying teams: 16 teams will advance to Grand Finals
- Format: These 24 teams will be divided into 3 groups. The groups will face off against each other in a Round-Robin format. Each group will play a total of 6 Round Robins.
Grand Finals: (Final Stage):
- Duration: 7th October to 10th October
- Participating Teams: 16
- Format: A total of 20 matches will be played over a period of 4 days to determine the champion.
BGIS 2021 Prize Pool Distribution
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series features a massive prize pool of 1,00,00,000 Indian Rupees (INR), and it will be distributed as follows:
- 1st Place (Winners) – 50,00,000 INR
- 2nd Place (1st Runner-up) – 25,00,000 INR
- 3rd Place (2nd Runner-up) – 10,00,000 INR
- 4th Place – 3,00,000 INR
- 5th Place – 2,00,00 INR
- 6th Place – 1,50,00 INR
- 7th Place – 1,00,000 INR
- 8th Place – 90,000 INR
- 9th Place – 80,000 INR
- 10th Place – 70,000 INR
- 11th Place – 60,000 INR
- 12th Place – 50,000 INR
- 13th Place – 40,000 INR
- 14th Place – 30,000 INR
- 15th Place – 20,000 INR
- 16th Place – 10,000 INR
- MVP – 1,00,000 INR
- The Lone Ranger – 50,000 INR
- The Rampage Freak – 50,000 INR
- Most Finishes by a squad – 50,000 INR
- The Redeemer – 50,000 INR
How to watch Battlegrounds Mobile India Series (BGIS) 2021?
BGIS 2021 will be live-streamed on the official YouTube channel of Battlegrounds Mobile India on the dates mentioned above.
The first broadcast will air on the 2nd of August, and organizers will broadcast the tournament’s Grand Finals on the 7th of October.
- Read more: How to download BGMI on PC: Beginner’s Guide
Don't forget to check out our dedicated BGMI section filled with guides, news, esports and much more for the franchise.