The Pokémon GO Battle Weekend 2022 features Giovanni and all his Team Rocket goons. Giovanni returns with Shadow Latios by his side, a Legendary Psychic and Dragon-type Pokémon you can add to your collection.
Besides Team Rocket, the Pokémon GO event allows you to choose your path to earn fantastic rewards by taking down Team Rocket, participating in Raids and Gyms, or clashing it out across the Battle League. This guide will cover the best path you can pick during Pokémon GO Battle Weekend 2022.
Pokémon GO Battle Weekend 2022 - Best Path Choice
With Pokémon GO Battle Weekend kicking off, you’ll need to complete one mission to start your journey and choose a path. The mission is straightforward, so you shouldn’t run into any walls. You'll need to complete these initial tasks to unlock the ability to choose your path.
Battle Weekend Challenge 1/3:
Power up Pokémon 15 times - Machop Encounter
Use a Charged TM - 1 Fast TM
Evolve 3 Pokémon - 1 Charged TM
Rewards: 1,000 Stardust, 2,500 Stardust, and 1 Premium Battle Pass
After completing these tasks, you can choose your path between Go Battle League! or Raids, Grunts, and Gyms! But, both paths are very similar in the rewards they provide.
- Pokémon GO Anniversary Event 2022 - All Timed Research
- When is the Starly Community Day in Pokémon GO - Shiny form and more
- How to get Golisopod and Wimpod in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO TCG Crossover - All Collection Challenges
The major difference between the two paths is with Go Battle League! you’ll focus more on clashing it out in Battle Leagues. And the latter forces you to roam around, defeat Team Rocket Grunts, and partake in Raids or Gyms.
From a more practical standpoint, Go Battle League! is the best path choice over Raids, Grunts, and Gyms! because you won’t need to walk everywhere this week, use Raid passes, or go through the tediousness of standing in parks or streets and defeating Team Rocket Grunts.
For Go Battle League! all you’ll need to do is repeatedly participate in some Battle League matches against real players and NPC Trainers, and it’s done. Both paths provide identical rewards, so you’re not missing out on much and can breeze through Pokémon GO Battle Weekend effortlessly.
Here are the tasks you’ll need to do to complete Go Battle League!:
GO Battle League branch 2/3:
- Battle another Trainer in the Great League 5 times - 5 Rare Candies
- Win 1 Great League Trainer Battle against another Trainer - Stunfisk Encounter
- Battle in the GO Battle League 10 times - 2,500 XP
- Win 2 Trainer Battles in the GO Battle League - Swinub Encounter
- Battle in the GO Battle League 20 times - 2,500 Stardust
- Achieve Rank 5 in the GO Battle League - Beldum Encounter
- Rewards: Chansey Encounter, 1 Lucky Egg, 1 Star Piece
GO Battle League branch 3/3:
- Claim reward - 25 Poké Balls
- Claim reward - 15 Great Balls
- Claim reward - 10 Ultra Balls
- Reward: Charizard Encounter
And that concludes our guide on the best path to choose during Pokémon GO Battle Weekend 2022.
For more awesome content, check out our section dedicated to Pokémon GO news, guides, updates, and more!
Featured image courtesy of Niantic.