Riot has decided to skip Valorant patch 5.11 and instead release patch 5.12 as the next update and making it a big one. It will include information regarding the map rotation and changes, along with smurfing updates. In addition to this, it will bring something that the community has been demanding for a long time, i.e., some major nerfs to Chamber.
Chamber has been an overpowered agent in Valorant, and the devs want to bring balance between "preserving his character identity and maintaining the game's health." According to Kevin Meier, Agent designer for Valorant, his current mechanics were "shaping play space in an unhealthy way," and hence they have decided to bring the following changes to fix these issues.
- Updated Stability Curve
- Spread increased after 2nd bullet when spamming. This is explicitly meant to reduce low-precision body-shot spam as an effective combat measure.
- Chamber now places a single anchor that can be teleported to while inside its range
- Radius increased 15m >>> 26m
- Removed teleport activation height restriction
- You can teleport to the Anchor while on different verticality so long as you are within its radius.
- Increased weapon equip time after teleporting 0.4s >>> 0.7s
- Headhunter is unaffected by this change
- Destroying Rendezvous teleport anchor now disables it for the remainder of the round, instead of being placed on a cooldown.
- Chamber no longer incurs an additional cooldown when recalling his Anchor after teleporting.
- The trap is now range restricted
- Trademark will disable when Chamber moves out of range, and reactivate once he is inside.
- Can now be recalled mid-round
- Does not require line of sight
- 30s cooldown on recall
- Destruction remains permanent
- Initial Arm Time increased 2s >> 4s
- Health Increased 1 >> 20
Tour De Force (X)
Fire rate decreased by 57.5%
- This applies to both Trademark and Tour De Force
- Reduced 50% >> 40%
- Reduced duration 6s >> 4s
- Reduced size by 30%
According to Riot Games, "Chamber's mechanics took the place of counterplay in many cases, and the small number of restrictions on his abilities meant he was not required to be deliberate in thinking about setup. This made Chamber deadly at any angle."
Now, with these new changes made, the devs hope that "players can still engage in the combat-focused gameplay loop that attracted so many of you to Chamber while providing more opportunities for opponents to engage in counterplay."
These Chamber changes will be live in Valorant 5.12 PBE releasing tomorrow on 2nd December.
For more on the game, check out our section dedicated to Valorant guides, news, updates, tips, and more.
"Valorant On Console" Confirmed | Valorant Redeem Codes - Free Player Cards, Titles | Next Valorant Night Market 2022 | Valorant Christmas Event 2022 | All Valorant Pro Players Crosshair Codes | Copy Crosshair In Valorant | Valorant Patch Notes | AverageJonas: "Riot Knows What To Do To Take Valorant To Next Level" | Valorant TPM 2.0 Error: How To Fix VAN9001 Secure Boot Issue | Create "My Valorant Badge" | Valorant Mobile Rumored To Release In 2024
Featured image via Riot Games.