Destiny 2 was the center of attention during the weekend for gaming fans, as the new Deep Stone Crypt raid brought a plethora of content into the game, with players still anticipating even more to drop before the end of the year.
New exotic quest, weapons and story missions on top of the six-man activity capped off an amazing couple of days for Bungie, which decided to follow up with a Hotfix that slightly alters the gear pool and kills what was essentially a loot cave, albeit less impressive as the original one back in 2014.
Bungie removes new Cosmodrome loot cave
Some players and content creators brought to light a little exploit set in the Divide section of the Cosmodrome, one of the areas that made its return from Destiny 1 with Beyond Light.
The little cave-like environment allowed players to farm bosses in hopes of getting Prime Engrams. Here's a quick video for reference:
It's definitely no Vanilla Destiny loot cave, which also happened to be in the Cosmodrome, but in any case, it has now been completely removed, as Bungie removed enemies spawning as much from certain activities, essentially killing this farming method.
New weapons in World Engram drops
Bungie wants to make sure players' random world drops are rewards that'll last for a few months, as they have now removed weapons that will hit the Infusion Cap at the end of the current season, Season of the Hunt, adding a few more to compensate.
The fresh drops include the return of the Seraph collection of guns from Season of the Worthy and Season of Arrivals Seasonal and planetary reprisal weapons.
Here are the complete patch notes for Hotfix 220.127.116.11
Destiny 2 Hotfix 18.104.22.168 patch notes
- Fixed an issue where strikes in the Vanguard playlist where incorrectly set to 1100 Power.
- Vanguard strikes are now 1050 Power.
- Fixed an issue where enemies would continue to spawn during certain activities in the Cosmodrome.
- NOTE: This should resolve an issue where gaggles of Guardians would convene in the Divide, all shooting into a cave-like structure.
- Fixed an issue where players could skip to the end of the Veles Labyrinth Lost Sector.
- Fixed an issue where Defeats’ audio was playing too often.
- Fixed an issue where Trench Barrel was not being removed after firing three shots.
- Fixed an issue where prime attunements were not being applied properly after reaching the soft cap (1200 Power).
- Fixed an issue where the Strange Visitors emote from Seasonal of Arrivals Silver bundle would no longer appear in Rahool’s inventory to claim.
- Updated the World Engram weapons reward pool.
- Remove all Legendary weapons that hit their Infusion Cap at the end of this Season.
- Added all of the Seventh Seraph weapons from Season of the Worthy.
- Added all of the Season of Arrivals Seasonal and planetary reprisal weapons.
- Set weight drop chances so that the newer an item is, the more likely it is to drop.
- Reduced number of bounties required for the New Light quest from three to one.
- Fixed an issue where Combat Drill bounties were requiring Elimination defeats.
- They will now correctly require Clash defeats.
- Fixed an issue where players already have Seasonal Artifact but the Season quest does not progress.
- Fixed an issue where Lure mods were duplicating.
- Fixed an issue where Perk Veto Mods for the Cryptolith Lure were not correctly preventing the excluded perks from rolling on the weapons
- Fixed an issue where players already have the Lure but the Lure quest doesn’t progress.