In case you don't know, Flashback: The Quest for Identity was released in the US in 1992 and has been a consistent part of most top 100 games of all times lists. Due to its age, however, many gamers of today have not experienced this Sci-Fi masterpiece.
In this article, we outline what Flashback is, including enhancements for modern systems, and how you can get it for free.
Get Flashback for free on GOG
First up, if you grab Flashback for free on GOG before the time for this freebie offer runs out, it will be yours to keep and play at your leisure, or at least until mankind populates Titan.
- Sonic Origins Mirror Mode - How to Unlock
- Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion - Release date, platforms, story
- TMNT Shredder's Revenge Collectibles - All VHS Tapes, Bugs, Shard Locations
- All Redout 2 Trophies And Achievements - How To Earn
To get Flashback for free, all you need to do is head on over to the GOG Giveaway page and claim the game, as per the image below.
Keep in mind that you do need to sign up to GOG and allow for future marketing communication.
This free game offer expires on 23rd June 2022 at roughly 13:00 UTC. As mentioned previously, if you grab Flashback for free before this offer expires, the game is yours to keep.
The download is also under 200 MB and the game is DRM-Free.
What is Flashback?
As mentioned, Flashback is a classic title released back in 1992. It is seen as one of the best Sci-Fi games ever created, and sold over 2.2 million units, a massive number for its time.
This is an action-adventure cinematic platforming title (think Prince of Persia) with an intricate story that you will never forget.
Flashback's story description reads: " 2142. After fleeing from a spaceship but stripped of all memory, the young scientist Conrad B. Hart awakens on Titan, a colonized moon of the planet Saturn.
"His enemies and kidnappers are snapping at his heels. He must find a way back to Earth, all the while defending himself against the dangers he encounters and unraveling an insidious extra-terrestrial plot that threatens the planet…"
There's also enhanced content and a Modern Mode in this version of Flashback. Check out the details below.
- For the first time ever, play the Director’s Cut version featuring 2 exclusive cutscenes.
- White or pink? Choose among the two iconic colors of Conrad's t-shirt.
- Want to practice on a specific level? You can now play any completed level during the main adventure.
- Replay any cutscene that you unlocked from the menu.
- Jukebox: listen to the game's soundtrack
- Street Art gallery: earn points in the game and unlock street art pictures in the gallery.
- Post-FX graphic filters.
- Completely remastered sound and music.
- A brand new "Rewind" function, variable according to the level of difficulty.
- Tutorials for those who need a boost!
Check out the Flashback trailer as uploaded by GOG to see what all the fuss is about.
So there you have it, a way to get Flashback for free from GOG right now. If you take advantage of this freebie offer in time, the game will be yours to keep and play at your leisure. Enjoy!
For more on everything gaming, check out our section dedicated to video game news, guides, and features.
Featured image courtesy of Microids.