Square Enix has been working on fixing some serious issues in Marvel's Avengers, all while players count kept plummeting in September. Now, the developers have finally released a big new update for the game, and with it, comes an apology as well as some free rewards.
Marvel's Avengers free rewards: How to get
One of the issues players have been experiencing is how they were unable to accept Villian Sectors and Faction Missions. This has led to players not being able to receive some rare rewards.
Right at the top of the latest Marvel's Avengers patch notes (v1.3.1), Square Enix apologized for the inconvenience this bug has caused, stating: "We recognize and apologize that this bug prevented players from being able to earn specific rare rewards."
(Picture: Square Enix)
Marvel's Avengers players, after the latest update, will be able to get some free rewards, namely:
- 250 Polychoron
- 500 Uru
So how do you claim these free rewards in Marvel's Avengers? Well, it is quite simple. All you need to do is log in before 1st October at 10:00 AM PDT, and view one of your Challenge Cards to activate the free rewards.
Marvel's Avengers patch notes
If you've been wondering what's in the latest Marvel's Avengers update, and what Square Enix managed to fix, then check out the full Marvel's Avengers patch notes below.
(Picture: Square Enix)
Various Reassemble Campaign & Avengers Initiative fixes, including:
- Various Crash & Stability fixes
- Fixed a rare issue when selecting “Once an Avenger” inadvertently sent the player to the wrong mission.
- Fixed an issue keeping some mission chains from completing properly when all requirements are met. (Example: Reigning Supreme)
Various combat fixes/tuning, including:
- Captain America can now smash through doors.
- Fixed an issue where overcharge meters were inappropriately decreasing during a team finisher.
- Improved responsiveness when entering sprint flight from jumping as Iron Man.
- Improved responsiveness for light air hammer attacks as Thor.
- Improved reliability of Iron Man’s Thruster Uppercut.
- Improved presentation of Captain America’s sprinting block.
- Tuned the SPIN Keeper’s standard attack, reduced heroic drain, and added an offscreen attack indicator.
Tuning to Adept Drone, Synthoid, and Keeper:
- Added new standard attack to Drone and Keeper.
- Adjusted homing attack to happen less frequently.
- Adjusted homing projectile to be more balanced.
- Increased global cooldown for all quantum homing projectile attacks.
- Adjusted quantum shard projectiles so they are no longer unblockable.
Various Gear, Challenges, & Reward fixes/tuning including:
- Addressed an issue where refreshing a missing weekly mission would result in a crash. Weekly missions should now appear as intended. We've temporarily disabled refreshing incomplete challenges; full functionality will be restored in the next update.
- Addressed an issue where Villain Sectors would not properly refresh, which caused players to miss out on weekly rewards.
- Fixed additional issues that prevented daily requisitions from clearing as intended.
- Granted players the Iconic Iron Man outfit if they lost it due to an outfit bug.
- Fixed a broken Legendary reward that was incorrectly set to Power Level 1.
- Addressed issues with how the Insurmountable perk was being applied to gear drops.
- Fixed an issue where some users would not be granted any rewards upon completing an Elite Heroic Hive run.
- Guarded against a specific scenario that caused Kamala to lose a skill point. We are still investigating retroactive fixes.
- Adjusted loot tables in Mega Hives to increase the chances additional loot will be awarded.
Further, Square Enix lists some known issues, which should be addressed in the next few updates to the game. Check out the full list here.