League of Legends: Wild Rift is now into v2.0 and Season 1 of the competitive calendar has begun. So it is time to get serious, we have been breaking down each champion showing you how to get the most out of each.
With the arrival of the new patch, a select group of champions make their debut in the Wild Rift, arriving directly from Bandle City: the Yordles.
Continuing our journey, the time has come to talk about one of the most rebellious and best DPS champions in the game, being a Dragon Lane powerhouse despite her cute appearance: Tristana, the Yordle Gunner.
Tristana: Her active and passive skills
Her passive ability, Draw a Bead, increases Tristana's attack range as she levels up. Something that may seem very simple in the early game, but makes her a nightmare opponent in the mid and late game.
Let's move on to her active skills:
- Rapid Fire: Activating it will increase attack speed for a short time.
- Rocket Jump: Tristana fires a projectile at the ground to propel herself to a distant point. Upon landing, she will briefly damage and slow surrounding units. Each kill restarts its cooldown.
- Explosive Charge: Its passive allows that when eliminating a unit, its basic attacks explode like shrapnel, dealing damage to surrounding enemies. When activated, it places a bomb on an enemy that will explode after a short time, dealing damage to all surrounding units.
- Ultimate - Buster Shot: Tristana loads a large cannonball into her weapon and fires it at an enemy champion, making magic damage and pushing it back. If the target has an Explosive Charge bomb, the radius of the bomb's detonation is doubled.
Recommended Runes and Spells for Tristana
Tristana is one of the best marksman champions on the Rift, having one of the highest range and attack speed stats without the need for items, allowing her to become a danger from the start of the game, something that is complemented by her super offensive abilities. These are her recommended runes:
- Electrocute: Triggers on successful skill combos and trades, dealing bonus damage to affected enemies and increasing her burst damage.
- Gathering Storm: Increases overall damage over time.
- Spirit Walker: Grants bonus health and increased slow resistance.
- Hunter - Genius: Grants additional cooldown reduction for each unique takedown.
As for the summoner spells, these don’t have many detours since they are usually the essentials for any marksman even in the PC version:
- Flash: It allows you to have greater escape options in case you don't have your Rocket Jump ready, but also allows you to finish off your opponents in case they want to run away.
- Heal: Heals yourself and your closest ally, as well as granting movement speed for a brief instant.
The best items for Tristana
Her composition of items should be focused on increasing her attack damage and attack speed in a way that allows her to face both elusive enemies, such as tanks in general. These are her recommended objects:
- Infinity Edge: Increases the chance and damage of critical attacks, dramatically increasing DPS.
- Gluttonous Greaves: Grants omnivampirism, giving you a better chance of surviving in fights. We recommend using them with Mercury charm for crowd control.
- Rapid Firecannon: Dramatically increases basic attack range and critical strike chance.
- Phantom Dancer: Its passive grants a shield when the amount of life falls below 35%.
To complete her itemization, we recommend using her with Death’s Dance and the Bloodthirster or Guardian Angel, to get more resistance and ways to survive combat, or Blade of the Ruined King and Mortal Reminder, for more explosive damage and additional armour penetration.
Tips for Tristana’s play style
Forming part of the main game as one of the original champions, back in 2009, Tristana is known for being a champion with great mobility and attacks that takedown any target thanks to her reliable cannon, Boomer, which allows her to shoot from a good distance doing a lot of burst damage every second.
Her skill set allows her to be one of the most relevant attackers at any point in the game, from her passive ability which gives her too much range towards the end of the game, to her active abilities which give her very creative ways of dealing and eliminate an enemy on your own.
To begin with, it’s important to start the game by maxing up your Explosive Charge as quickly as possible, since both its passive and its explosion are the most powerful weapon of this Yordle, so much so that it allows you to finish off opponents without any risk, eliminate objectives and structures faster, and create great pressure when split-pushing on any lane.
In addition to this, you have to know that Tristana's aggressive style is complemented by both her Rocket Jump and her Rapid Fire, so it’s essential to learn to use these in a combination of Rocket Jump to jump at an enemy, Explosive Charge to stick your bomb to it, and Rapid Fire to explode it and try to do as much damage as possible.
In case you have problems when you see that you will not be able to win a fight, see that one or more enemies come for you, or simply want to finish off one or more enemy champions, always have your Buster Shot at hand, for when one arrives of these cases use it to its full potential.
Now, Tristana can be a champion of many uses throughout the game, whether it's holding back your enemies early, pushing any lanes in the mid-game, and eliminating whoever gets in your way in the late game, so learn to use her abilities to attack, defend or escape well.
The Yordle Gunner is one of the best marksman options for any type of player, whether you already have experience or are just starting out in Wild Rift. Learning how to use it perfectly can be vital for any team, so feel free to get your hands on it once she becomes available in the Yordle Expedition.