To the joy of Apex Legends fans who also happen to like mobile gaming, Electronic Arts have launched Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 globally on Android and iOS devices. From the Soft Launch period to the game's full global launch on 17th May 2022, there have been quite a few changes and additions, as outlined by the Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 patch notes.
In this article, we provide all the details from the launch update for Apex Legends Mobile Season 1, including the full patch notes featuring Fade, a brand-new map, new features and even all the bug fixes.
Apex Legends Mobile Fade - Lore & all abilities
The leaks turned out to be true, as the Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 update unleashed a new legend, Fade.
- Apex Legends Mobile APK and OBB download links for Season 1
- Does Apex Legends Mobile support crossplay/cross-platform?
- Apex Legends Mobile in-game support - How to find Player ID
- Apex Legends Mobile sliding - How to slide
"Ignacio Huamaní was the youngest in a family of military-tech hunters. Working together, they made a living 'recovering' weaponry and selling it to the highest bidder. As the youngest, he was the lookout, and eager to prove he could handle more.
So he took on a contract with a mysterious client and acquired the suit for him. But it was a trap: his family died, and the suit propelled him into another dimension. It’s been a long journey, but he’s finally back, and ready to find justice and redemption in the Apex Games. He can’t turn back the clock for his family, but on the Battlefield, he is the master of not only his own destiny but the destiny of those in his crosshairs."
- Passive: Slipstream - Fade gains a short movement speed boost at the end of his slide.
- Tactical: Flashback -Fade’s suit rips him backwards through another dimension, phasing him to his previous location.
- Phase Chamber -Fade throws an activator core from his suit. The resulting explosion phases everyone within the radius for a few seconds making them unable to deal or receive damage.
Now, let's get to all the changes, features, and more in the Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 patch notes as outlined by EA, starting with a brand-new Arena map.
New Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 map - Overflow
Things are heating up and Overflow is the perfect map for spicy plays! Tight corners, lanes and flanking opportunities await you and your teammates at Overflow’s unique POIs. Will you be on fire or get burned in this lava-ish new edition to the Arena map pool?
New Apex Legends Mobile weapons, attachments & gear
- New Weapon: 30-30 Marksman Rifle.
- New Scope: 4x - 10x Thermal imaging Optic
- New Gear: Heatshields
- Replicators will now drop in random locations within the Ring
Apex Legends Mobile S1 legend Perk System
- New visual upgrades to the system
- Added Legend rewards to the perk system, earn rewards by completing Legend-specific objectives
- Added a perk planning feature to plot your next move ahead of time
- Added a perk recommendation feature to help you get straight into the action
Apex Legends Mobile Team Fill feature and Advance Training
There's a new Team Fill feature in Apex Legends Mobile Season 1's patch notes, as well as a training mode. Read about this new feature and game mode below.
Nobody likes a quitter. But now, that's not such a big deal. Auto team fill is a new feature that will bring players into active games if another player leaves prematurely. (Only active in Team Deathmatch)
Advance Training Level:
In the Advance Training Level, you can practice advanced techniques and weapon handling skills in a free environment. Practice makes perfect!
Shop updates and Emojis in Apex Legends Mobile S1
Complete challenges to unlock levels and rewards in the Apex Legends Mobile Battlepass. In Apex Legends: Mobile, items are tiered from D to S. Unlock the “Vermin Control'' skin for Caustic and the “SOS Signal” for the Kraber just by starting the pass. Along the way, Gibraltar’s “Gentle Giant”, Mirage’s “Graffiti Artist”, “Ready for Impact” Pathfinder and the “Authorized Personnel Only” Havoc. You’ll also earn banner frames, holosprays, emotes, trackers, weapon charms and more.
The Battle Pass also gives players opportunities to unlock Fade. By reaching level 25 in the free Battle Pass or purchasing 10 levels of the premium and then attaining 15 more normal levels, he’ll join the Roster.
A brand new Emote system is coming to Apex Legends Mobile allowing you to conveniently communicate with friend and foe alike.
Co-op Club Missions & Club Store:
This brand new feature allows squads to pick challenges they want to achieve together to unlock rewards in the brand new Club Store!
Apex Legends patch notes Mobile Season 1
- Bug fixes
There are several bug fixes and improvements from the soft launch version found in the Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 patch notes, which you can view below.
- FPS optimization pass for iPhone 13 or newer devices
- Fixed Gibraltar’s shield bounce while aiming down sights
- Fixed an issue with Gibraltar’s ult not behaving correctly
- Fixed various textural issues on models
- Fixed an issue where Pathfinder’s grappling hook would not disengage
- Fixed an issue that would cause Pathfinder’s grapple hook to interact incorrectly with his model
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in dropships if repeatedly tapping their tactical skill
- While active, Mirage’s decoys can now imitate Mirage’s emotes
- Fixed an issue where some railings could not be jumped over.
- Fixed a collision issue that caused throwables to pass through doors if another player is close colliding with it.
- Red weapons will now automatically pick up ammunition.
- Fixed some out of bounds areas on World’s Edge
- Fixed an issue where nameplates would pile together while on dropship
- Many other fixes and improvements.
In case you missed it, check out the Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 launch trailer below.
So there you have it, the complete Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 update patch notes, including the new legend Fade, a host of changes, features, a new map and more.
For more on the popular battle royale, head over to our section dedicated to the latest Apex Legends news, guides, tips, and more.
Featured image courtesy of EA.