Following several delays, Biomutant, from developer Experiment 101 and publisher THQ Nordic, finally arrived on Xbox and PlayStation consoles, as well as PC. For those on the latter platform, one of the most important aspects when starting to play a new game is to get the game to run smoothly. In this guide, we've got you covered with the best Biomutant PC settings, as well as tips on how to increase your FPS in the post-apocalyptic world filled with mutated animals.
Biomutant best PC settings
To get the most out of your experience, you will need to find the best PC settings for Biomutant for your gaming rig. This means that settings won't be the same for all PCs.
However, if you do meet the PC system requirements at the "recommended" level, we've got the best Biomutant PC settings for you.
(Picture: THQ Nordic)
The best Biomutant PC settings are:
- Window Mode - Fullscreen
- Resolution - (Your native screen resolution for example 1080p)
- Vertical Sync - Off
- Sharpening Amount - 20
- Dynamic Resolution - Off
- Resolution Scale - 100
- Framerate Limit - Off
- Preset - Custom
- Texture Quality - High
- Shadow Quality - Medium
- Post Process Quality - Medium
- Effects Quality - Medium
- Foliage Density - Medium
- Anti-Aliasing - Medium
- Object Detail - High
- Fur Detail - Default
- World Draw Distance - Default
If you feel any FPS drops, first start lowering the Fur Detail. Texture Quality should remain High if you have a decent graphics card with over 3GB of memory.
How to increase FPS in Biomutant
Some PC gamers might experience low FPS, stuttering or strange FPS drops while playing Biomutant. This can be due to several factors which you need to fix.
(Picture: THQ Nordic)
Check out some tips on how to increase your Biomutant FPS below:
- Update to the latest NVIDIA/AMD drivers depending on which GPU you have.
- Close all other programs if you are struggling to get high FPS.
- Clear up some disk space if the HDD or SSD you've installed Biomutant on is running very low.
- Check the Biomutant PC system requirements to see if your gaming rig is up to the task...you might need an upgrade.
- Turn down Fur Detail.
- Turn down World Draw Distance.
- Keep adjusting the settings until the game runs smoothly, lowering settings until you feel the game is smooth as butter.
One final tip to increase your FPS in Biomutant is to use Dynamic Resolution, which allows the game to automatically adjust the resolution to maintain a steady FPS if your PC is struggling.
With the best Biomutant PC settings and all our tips to increase FPS, you can now jump into the open world with your mammalian warrior and enjoy a smooth experience.
Check out our dedicated section for Biomutant, filled with guides, news and more.