While the new functional weapon and the TAK-5 operator skill are both unlocked via the free tiers of the battle pass, there's also a new Tactical Grenade for players to unlock; the Flash Drone.
In this guide, we provide you with a step-by-step guide to unlocking the Flash Drone, and what its effects are.
COD Mobile Flash Drone - How to unlock and effects
The Flash Drone is a powerful new Tactical Grenade that players can unlock during the course of COD Mobile Season 9.
When used, players release a drone that makes contact with enemies and compromise their vision, giving your team an advantage in battle. The drone can be released at a distance of roughly 15 meters and has a range of 20 meters.
To unlock the Flash Drone in COD Mobile Season 9, you will have to complete all the tasks in the seasonal challenge called "In Plain Sight".
Check out the list of tasks below. One task unlocks after the other one is completed.
- Play five (5) multiplayer matches.
- Throw any tactical equipment 15 times in MP matches.
- Kill 10 enemies with any thermite.
- Kill 15 enemies with any MK2 in MP matches equipped with the Tactician perk.
- Kill 25 enemies with an AK-47 in MP matches equipped with the Tactician perk.
- Destroy an enemy's scorestreak with EMP Tactical Grenade three (3) times in MP matches.
- Win three (3) MP matches with the Hard Wired perk equipped.
Once you've completed all the tasks, the Flash Drone Tactical Grenade will be yours to use whenever you like.
This Tactical Grenade is a powerful addition to any arsenal, to say the least. Compromising enemy vision can lead to your team slaughtering the opposition, after all.
You have until the end of COD Mobile Season 9 to unlock the Flash Drone.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated COD Mobile section, featuring all the news, guides, weapon tier lists, loadouts and more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.