It is easy to miss a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) update and what the patch notes say, as Steam automatically updates the game to the latest version. If you want to know exactly what the last three new updates entail, then we've got you covered.
This consistently updated article provides you with an idea of when the next CS:GO update will release, alongside the patch notes for the latest update, so you always know about the map changes, fixes, additions, and more from Valve.
Update on 31 March 2023: We've updated this article with more details on the latest CS:GO update.
Valve has revealed Counter Strike 2. This is not a drill...
Next CS:GO Update Release Date Speculation
It is difficult to pinpoint the next CS:GO update's release date, as Valve generally just releases an update when they want to. Historically, you can expect some form of update, maybe a minor one, every three weeks to one month.
The latest CS:GO update was released on 3 February 2023. We expect the next CS:GO update to release sometime in mid-February 2023.
New CS:GO Update 3 February 2023 Patch Notes: Map Changes
Boyard fixes and changes:
- Clipped boost onto top of arches (Thanks Lazavelli)
- Fixed gap in side of stairs
- Lowered floating railings
Chalice fixes and changes:
- Remastered art assets
- Updated lighting
- Updated clipping
- Made the grate bars on A-site less obstructive
- Added place names
- Improved occlusion to be more performant
- Fixed optimization regression
CS:GO Update (27 January 2023) Patch Notes: Map Changes & Fixes
Anubis changes and fixes:
- Trimmed Ivy at B long.
- Reduced size of trim at B Long.
- Ruins are slightly less ruined.
- Adjusted clipping at Ruins and B long.
- Adjusted shape of Boat in Canal.
- Lowered the water grates at the back of Canal.
- Adjusted grenade clipping around bombsites.
- Minor optimizations.
- A winter storm has hit Ember, expect delays.
CS:GO Update (16 December) Patch Notes: Fixes & Changes
Below, you can find CS:GO update patch notes, with fixes, map changes, and more. This update was released on 16th December 2022.
Anubis map fixes & changes:
- Fixed some spots where guns would fall through the world near canal.
- Fixed grenades falling through floor on A site fountain.
- Fixed surface properties on models to prevent bullet penetration.
- Adjusted grenade clips throughout map.
- Adjusted player clipping throughout map.
- Reduced size of trim at mid.
- Added collision to signs.
- Closed various pixel gaps.
- Minor optimizations.
Ancient map fixes & changes:
- Increased bomb radius to 650 from 500.
- Flattened out cubbies in red house top of mid.
- Pushed back CT spawn 256 units, delaying CTs ~1 sec.
- Compressed blocky things on B site, to create longer sightlines and more space to move around.
Boyard map fixes & changes:
- Fixed various clipping issues.
- Fixed non-solid walls by T entrance.
- Removed traffic cone on site.
- Added bucket to heaven to block sight line.
- May Contain Nuts.
Chalice map fixes & changes:
- Included missing nav.
- Clipped exploits.
Previous CS:GO Update Patch Notes: 18 November 2022
This section provides the previous CS:GO update patch notes, so if you've taken an extended break, you still know about the important fixes and changes.
- Anubis has been added to Active Duty.
- Dust II has been removed from Active Duty.
- AWP magazine size reduced from 10 bullets to 5.
- Reduced the M4A1-S range modifier from 0.99 to 0.94.
So there you have the latest, new CS:GO updates, complete with official patch notes. We will keep this article updated, so you always have the latest three patch notes on hand, so stay tuned!