Destiny 2's latest expansion, The Witch Queen, is officially a month old. The honey period is over and both fans and developers Bungie are trying to refine the experience.
On 22nd March, the devs pushed out a Hotfix to solve certain bugs that plague Destiny 2. Some are simply pesky, but others change gameplay substantially.
One of the latter ones involved the Child of the Old Gods Aspect, one of the new additions debuting with Void 3.0 alongside The Witch Queen. The Aspect would let players send a small Void charge after using their Rift to cause extra damage.
Depending on whether you were rolling with Empowering or Health rift the Void charge would recharge abilities or give the user part of their health back. The thing that made Child of the Gods broken is that it continuously did damage to enemies with an immunity shield.
- All moth locations in Destiny 2
- Destiny 2 Season of the Risen roadmap revealed
- Bungie removes Legendary crafting elements from Destiny 2
- How to get Main Ingredient Fusion Rifle in Destiny 2
"While the Child will not be put on time out, it now knows better and has issued heartfelt apologies to all targets that it has damaged through immunity," Bungie wrote.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199 full patch notes
There are a plethora of fixes, so take a look at the full patch notes down below.
- Fixed a networking issue that could cause the destructible Pyramid Crux object used in many activities to desync state between client and host causing several issues and confusing players.
- Fixed an issue where a third Altar could unintentionally be active on the map for a short period.
- Fixed an issue causing perks in Gambit PvP to use PvE values.
- More specifically, Eriana’s Vow will no longer one-shot opponents unless they’ve already taken damage from other sources.
- Fixed an issue where an unintentional symbol could appear where one of Rhulk's attacks met environment geometry.
- Fixed an issue where players could earn a lore entry while only standing in front of one of two symbols.
- Fixed an issue where players could shoot any symbol to pass the "kill" symbol check for the lore entry.
- Fixed an issue where players could disrupt The Caretaker mid-wipe performance.
- Fixed an issue where players could complete The Caretaker encounter and the activity would not progress.
- Fixed an issue where the Rhulk encounter would be soft locked if players spread Leeching Force as their final deposit occurs.
- Fixed an issue where players could leave raid banners up by planting them as the encounter begins.
- Fixed an issue where players could earn multiple lore entries by reloading checkpoints.
- Fixed an issue where players could circumvent death in Legendary Campaign missions by leaving the fireteam and rejoining.
- Players that Join in Progress now require a revive.
- Fixed an issue preventing replayable nodes in The Witch Queen campaign from appearing on the Throne World map for a small portion of players.
- Fixed the displayed possible rewards for Legend difficulty for The Ghosts to include Ascendant Alloy.
- Fixed an issue where Champions were inconsistently spawning in PsiOps Battlegrounds.
- Fixed an issue where some items were being highlighted as new incorrectly, which had negative impacts to performance.
- Fixed an issue where general game performance could stutter or drop in framerate while character inventory UI was loading.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Gambit weapon and armor focusing to cost more than expected.
- Focusing now costs 10,000 Glimmer and 50 Legendary Shards each.
- Rahool's destination materials now are sold for stacks of five for one Legendary Shard, matching Spider's previous exchange rates.
- Fixed an issue that was still allowing Weapon Telemetries to drop.
- Players can safely delete all Weapon Telemetries from their inventories as they no longer have any use and will not be used in the future.
- Fixed an issue where a Vanguard bounty, The Harder They Fall, could only be progressed in strikes.
- Fixed an issue where the Omega catalyst boost was rewarding 3x progress instead of 4x.
- Fixed an issue where the Legendary Campaign emblem, A Higher Truth, could not be equipped on platforms where the player doesn't own The Witch Queen.
- Players who found themselves unable to unlock or acquire a Light subclass should now be able to do so.
- Players should find the associated pursuits in their inventory when first entering orbit with space remaining for the associated pursuit.
- Fixed an issue where the Ritual of the Season Triumph could be progressed with PvE kills outside of Vanguard playlists.
- Fixed an issue where Seasonal quest steps could be blocked if players had reached the Psionic Intel inventory limit.
- Fixed an issue where Nightfalls were giving inconsistent reputation bonuses when reaching a platinum score.
- Some strikes will now reward additional reputation, while others will reward less.
- Increased Element crafting currency caps.
- Fixed an issue where the Sleight of Hand trait perk had incorrect crafting requirements.
- Fixed an issue where the Moments of Triumph 2021 title could not be equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the Explosive Personality Grenade Launcher was not using the correct RPM stat for wave frames.
- Note that the crafting screen will still display the wrong RPM which will be fixed in a future patch.
- The actual weapon item will have the correct stat.
- Fixed an issue where The Logic ornament for The Lament appeared backwards.
- Fixed an issue where The Lament and Worldline Zero were not networking their attacks correctly.
- Fixed an issue where a faint box would be visible around the hip-fire reticle when using Osteo Striga or Forerunner.
- All Glaives now reach full charge after four successful projectile hits instead of six.
- Fixed an issue where the previous reduction of melee recharge rate for Graviton Forfeit was erroneously applying in PvE activities.
- Fixed an issue where the Exotic Titan Helmet, Loreley Splendor, would consume class ability energy upon death without spawning a Sunspot(as in the case of taking enough damage to fully deplete your health while you still have any shields).
- Players must first acquire Vow of the Disciple raid mods before they can be applied to armor from that raid.
- Fixed an issue where some armor was not appearing on the Appearance Customization screen, even after it had been unlocked with Synthweave.
- Fixed an issue where some Rare armor sets could be infused.
- Fixed an issue where focusing an Umbral Engram could sometimes give the wrong armor to Warlocks.
- Boss combatants no longer take additional melee damage while frozen by Stasis.
- Sentinel Titan's Bastion barricade now takes 20% increased damage from player sources.
- This damage bonus stacks with other sources of anti-emplacement damage like the Hakke Breach Armaments origin trait or Anti-Barrier Rounds.
- Targets with Void invisibility active now ping the radar for 0.6 seconds every 3 seconds until invisibility ends. Normal radar visibility rules still apply (i.e., double jumping or sprinting pings the radar).
- Note: Now that we’ve seen feedback and data from the first weekend of Trials in Season 16, we wanted to take a few steps to address a few outliers in the Void 3.0 subclass kits.
- These changes are targeted specifically at PvP and don’t affect the PvE sandbox.
- Fixed an issue where Child of the Old Gods could damage some targets through immunity shields.
Fixed an issue where some overlays could cause game crashes.
- Includes MSI Afterburner and Razor Cortex.
The Lucent Hive have invaded the moon. Wizards and all.— Destiny 2 (@DestinyTheGame) March 21, 2022
Have you assisted the Cabal in the latest Battleground location yet? pic.twitter.com/zl5jo3mXye
Make sure to keep up with our official Destiny 2 page for all the latest information on the ultra-popular title.
Featured image courtesy of Bungie.
Exotics, Catalyst & God Rolls - Alter of Reflection Catalyst Quest | Austringer God Roll | Calus Midi Tool God Roll | Dead Man's Tale God Roll | Fixed Odds God Roll | Hawkmoon God Roll | How To Get Come To Pass | How To Get Dawn Chorus | How To Get Omnioculus | How To Get Star-Eater Scales | Mechabre God Roll | Osteo Striga Catalyst | Riptide God Roll | Queens and Worms Quest
Game Guides - Destiny 2 Redeem Codes | How To Unlock All Subclasses | Memories of Ruin Puzzle Solution| Strikes Guide | Where To Farm Cabal | Where To Farm Fallen | Where To Farm Hive | Where To Farm Scorn | Where To Farm Vex | How To Get 100k Nightfall Score |
Raid Guides - Master King's Fall Totem Challenge Explained |